MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

Advertisement
The Problem isn't Cincy the team.... its the Path they took to get there.

The amount of big games there have to perform vs someone in a P5 ( i know pac 12 is bad) is far less. Their path is much easier and cannot compare to a P5 team.

Hence why I thought OSU or Baylor were more deserving ... **** we know what OSU would've done to Cincy...

The problem is the way teams are selected. Expansion needs to happen period.

JC
I think the problem you have there is that you’ve already excused 1 or 2 losses for traditional powers and they’re likely to have already lost to one of the teams in the playoff by virtue of the conference championship.

If it went that way you would either have a 2 loss team in the playoff or just straight rematches for the playoffs.

B8D43ECC-87EF-4812-ADB5-A47921FB217D.jpeg

These make Kirby and Sabans life easy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Total Def “can” be misleading, but these teams rank pretty high in most defensive stats.

Rushing:
UGA - #3
Bama - #4
Michigan - #21
Cincy - #44

Passing:
Cincy - #2
UGA - #3
Michigan - #21
Bama - #62 (anomaly)

TFL:
Bama - #3
Cincy - #11
UGA - #44
Michigan - #82 (anomaly)

Scoring Def:
UGA - #1
Cincy - #4
Michigan - #4
Bama - #18

Sacks:
Bama - #3
UGA - #14
Cincy - #28
Michigan - #44

So by all accounts, these 4 represent pretty phenomenal defenses across the board. So yeah, Total D may not be perfect, but it’s a good indication.
I dont go by indications.

Advertisement
Georgia lost by four points less and they are ranked a spot higher. Your point, again?
My point is a school that plays a joke of a schedule should not be allowed into the playoffs. Them getting blown out by Bama in the playoff is proof of that. How much simpler do you want me to break it down for you?

Advertisement
Back