Bowl games and opt outs…

Advertisement
Hoping to see how Campbell and Borroughs play DT. Also looking forward to the Safeties and how they fare. Offense will be fine. Defense will be fun to see the young guys step up
Is Burroughs back on the team?

I’ll be there
Can’t wait to see the kids but victory is mandatory. Losing never an option
Hope the $15 beers are cold

With the amount of opt outs and portal transfers, these games outside the playoffs don’t mean much.
Uga beating fsu doesn’t mean anything.

I don’t expect much from our game. Of course I hope we win, but won’t be bothered if we don’t. Play some younger guys and let’s see what they can do
It does matter. Miami’s abysmal bowl record shows a lack of planning and competitiveness when pitted against other coaches. Winning bowl games is about the health of a program. If Miami can prove it can win with anyone on the roster, it only helps future recruiting.

Advertisement
It does matter. Miami’s abysmal bowl record shows a lack of planning and competitiveness when pitted against other coaches. Winning bowl games is about the health of a program. If Miami can prove it can win with anyone on the roster, it only helps future recruiting.
The other side of the coin.

Best if you play all the young and win.

With the amount of opt outs and portal transfers, these games outside the playoffs don’t mean much.

I don’t expect much from our game. Of course I hope we win, but won’t be bothered if we don’t. Play some younger guys and let’s see what they can do
LOL most bowls pre playoffs didn’t mean much.

It’s good for younger players and extra practice time + free swag for players

I know we're down a ton of starters.. but still feel like we should win handily
Canes need to win this game. No excuses. The abysmal bowl record is reason enough!

As for Rutgers, all I know is the QB has 9 TD's passing and 9 TD's rushing. He does have 10 TO's though. Main RB has 1,100 yds....key to the game - Stop the Run!!!

Advertisement
Greed killed the bowl games.

First they made too many of them. Why does every 6 win team get to play in a bowl?

Then they made the BCS which put #1 against #2 making every other top tier bowl game a battle for second place.

Now they have a playoff. If your team doesn’t make the playoffs what exactly is the purpose of playing in a bowl game. The results mean absolutely nothing. The traditional conference rivals no longer play each other in bowls. They have 30 something meaningless games and the four team playoff now

Young guys get burn that’s great for next year

Rodriguez. Non playoff bowls haven’t mattered for the last 3-4 years. ESPN and greed ruined the bowl season.

I will watch cause it’s the last Miami game we get to watch for 9 months. The result if they win ultimately doesn’t matter much but would be nice to see Miami win a bowl game for once. Good chance to see some of the backups and
And if we get blown out, we already have our excuses ready.

Advertisement
Stop dude. Like if we win I’ll run up to the first Rutgers fan I see and scream in his face how we kicked their ***? Stop

Bowl games are important. They provide the extra weeks of practice, they are good for building the culture and, it allows younger guys to shine. It’s important that we play well against Rutgers.
I'm with you on most of this post. However, don't ever say extra practice makes this team better.

Since 2003, we have had umpteen bowl games. Those extra practices have done shiggity.

hope to see a change when it comes to Bowl games. NIL contracts should factor in playing in the bowl game.

half of FSUs team opting out of the **** orange bowl is crazy
Shameful that Rodemaker transferring and opting out of the game. You’d think he ‘d want to show something against a Georgia SEC D. Yeah these games have become meaningless except to gamblers

Advertisement
People are really surprised with the FSU opt outs?

“13-0 is meaningless, let’s play a really meaningless game so people can make money off of us and we may get hurt, go team!”

Agreed, but the one thing that makes a tiny difference is that FSU is still whining about how unfair it is that it got left out of the playoffs. Although they didn't have a snowballs chance in **** of beating UGA even when fully healthy, if by some miracle they were to beat UGA, they could have make a fair argument that they would have won the national championship (I don't think any of the playoff teams are significantly better than UGA). As it is, they are going to lose to UGA by 3-4 TDs minimum, and everyone but FSU fans will say the playoff committee obviously made the right decision.

Advertisement
Back