Bowl games and opt outs…

hope to see a change when it comes to Bowl games. NIL contracts should factor in playing in the bowl game.

half of FSUs team opting out of the **** orange bowl is crazy

Advertisement
Absolutely. These bowl games don’t affect reputation anymore. Who cares if Louisville stomps usc? What is usc without Caleb?

If I see a blowout, I just assume one team lost half their starters to early departures

So who's our backup QB?

keanu reeves 90s GIF

Advertisement
Non-NY6 bowl games have become NFL preseason in reverse.

NY6 games don’t even mean anything anymore. Look at all the FSU opt outs for Georgia; Coleman, Wilson, Benson, Verse, Bell, etc.

Anybody cares about Liberty and Oregon in the Fiesta? Ole Miss and State Penn in the Peach? Missouri and Ohio State in the Cotton?

Michigan / Alabama and Washington / Texas are now all that matter.

Players don't care enough to play in them, why should we? There's no point in traveling to these bowl games anymore and I've saved at least 20 to 30 grand the last decade and some change staying at home.

This new gen, there's just no pride or comradery. Been saying it for a long while now, it's the me generation and it's getting old.

Advertisement
Players don't care enough to play in them, why should we? There's no point in traveling to these bowl games anymore and I've saved at least 20 to 30 grand the last decade and some change staying at home.

This new gen, there's just no pride or comradery. Been saying it for a long while now, it's the me generation and it's getting old.

I do wonder when everyone will finally wake up and realize the kids no longer represent the schools, and money sports are neither amateur nor academic.

If you're in Tuscaloosa and there's zero other options, I guess the Bama brand has enough sustainable value that it won't matter. But that's all it is, a brand. The rest is a big business that's only marginally related to the school. Regardless, it all should be taxed going forward. No way do these programs deserve to be considered non-profits because they're school-sponsored.

People are really surprised with the FSU opt outs?

“13-0 is meaningless, let’s play a really meaningless game so people can make money off of us and we may get hurt, go team!”

Facts. The playoffs and all the bowl system are meaningless when a 13-0 ACC Champion who beat both LSU and Florida (without Homer) in the regular season doesn't get an automatic playoff spot. Fish rots from the head down, starting with the corrupt NCAA with it's ESPN cronies, and the powerless (yet somehow still hostile to its best teams) ACC.

We are down 8 starters for the bowl game.

TVD
Colbie
Lee
Cohen

Taylor
Deen
Kam
James

Who knows how we will play?

Also key backups like Chaney, Flagg, Harvey all gone.

Any returning injured players playing? Samson, Mesidor, Kelly?
Hoping to see how Campbell and Borroughs play DT. Also looking forward to the Safeties and how they fare. Offense will be fine. Defense will be fun to see the young guys step up

Advertisement

TVD
Colbie
Lee
Cohen

Taylor
Deen
Kam
James

If Brown plays acceptably well, we'll be just fine. Our second team is as good or better than their starters everywhere else. And they're surely losing guys too.

Edit: just checked and they have 10 kids in the portal transferring out this month. Not sure if any are starters. Also not sure how many starters graduated or left early to try to go pro and aren't playing. My guess is they've lost at least as many as we have though.

Last edited:

TVD
Colbie
Lee
Cohen

Taylor
Deen
Kam
James

Is Jaden Davis going to play? If not thats another starter out

I like it. The Bowl games never meant anything anyways. I never understood taking a whole month or more off between the last regular season game to the bowl game. Thats such a long lay off where half the team is out of form by the bowl game. I consider our bowl game an early spring game where we get to see a lot of the underclassmans play and see where they're at right now. I wouldn't be surprise if Miami gets blown out of they blow them out

Advertisement
So #4 FSU is a 13 point underdog to #6 Alabama. Now FSU fast 7 players opting out. Should be a slaughter

I’m wondering if some teams will eventually just bail out and not even play some of these bowls. The lower level ones are already money losing situations. Add in a depleted roster due to opt-outs, and it almost makes no sense to bother.

With the amount of opt outs and portal transfers, these games outside the playoffs don’t mean much.
Uga beating fsu doesn’t mean anything.

I don’t expect much from our game. Of course I hope we win, but won’t be bothered if we don’t. Play some younger guys and let’s see what they can do

Bowl Games used to really be something.
Now, meh...

Change is inevitable and not always for the better.

Humbug

Teams aren’t going to opt out of the 15 extra practices. It’s like another spring.

I can’t see any of our injured players who missed significant time coming back for the bowl game to risk aggravating the injury. Rest up and start off season healthy. No need.

FSU doesn’t play Alabama.

Advertisement
Back