Bowl Game history

Anonymous274945958675743

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Question- When was the last time the we were really competitive in a bowl game outside of last year? Even last year if I recall we had to come back to make it a close game. But beyond that when was the last time the team actually showed up for the bowl game ready to play? Seems to me every year I get all worked up and excited for the bowl game only for them to roll over... I believe in richt being able to motivate these guys, but sadly I'm not feeling the same excitement I have in years past because of this. All I want for Christmas is to see a real football game in the bowl!

Advertisement
Question- When was the last time the we were really competitive in a bowl game outside of last year? Even last year if I recall we had to come back to make it a close game. But beyond that when was the last time the team actually showed up for the bowl game ready to play? Seems to me every year I get all worked up and excited for the bowl game only for them to roll over... I believe in richt being able to motivate these guys, but sadly I'm not feeling the same excitement I have in years past because of this. All I want for Christmas is to see a real football game in the bowl!

my guess would be in 06 versus Nevada in the Idaho bowl.

The Wisconsin game in 2009 was somewhat competitive 20-14. We recovered an onside kick late and had the ball with a minute left with a chance to get the go ahead score.

2008 we lost to California 24-17 in San Francisco

However both games were a lot like the WSU game last year we had to get a late score to get the game competitive

Advertisement
The Wisconsin game in 2009 was somewhat competitive 20-14. We recovered an onside kick late and had the ball with a minute left with a chance to get the go ahead score.

2008 we lost to California 24-17 in San Francisco

However both games were a lot like the WSU game last year we had to get a late score to get the game competitive

I was at the Wisconsin bowl game!!

All these responses is what I was worried about.... it's been way too long since we showed up to the Bowl! Like you're saying it seems like we always get clobbered to start the game and find ourselves in way too deep!

my guess would be in 06 versus Nevada in the Idaho bowl.

Haha that was the last time we won wasn't it? Lmao

Advertisement
Oh that Cal game. "I'ma call timeout now that the clock has stopped to make sure the clock has stopped."

Probably the Computers Bowl in Boise. I was at that game....Nevada almost got by us, though.

We were competitive in the tunnel after the 2005 Peach Bowl against LSU.

Advertisement
I still love that 03 Orange Bowl against FSU...

Jarrett Payton played great, but the Defense absolutely won us that game, completely shut down FSU in the 2nd half.

Sean Taylor & Vilma were ballin out the whole game.

Last edited:
The 2004 Peach Bowl was probably the last game we were really ever relevant in. Once the wheels came off against L$U, so too, did the wheels on the program.

So now, more than ten years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Atlanta and look South, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Advertisement
Man, the 2009 Champs Sports Bowl was a Corch Radio special, all the stuff that made Radio the corch he was, on full display. Slicing and dicing Wisconsin on the ground (Berry averaged 7.3 ypc and Copper was at 5.8 prior to his injury) so let's have Jacory throw the ball 29 times.

On defense, Wisconsin TE Kendricks shredded Radio's vaunted defense for 130 yards - continuing the tradition of TEs annihilating Radio.

Advertisement
Back