Bowl eligible

BentSteelCane

Recruit
Premium
So - two more games to go. A grudge match against Pitt and a bowl game. It would be somewhat poetic justice to give it back to Pitt, as they did to us - going into the ACCCG. Win that and a bowl game - do any changes get made?

Advertisement
getting extra practices could be viewed as a bonus the problem is the guys running practice aren't helping the players as we've seen all year.

This is gonna get me negged BUT to be honest with you, at this point in the season, wins only sets the program backwards. If they beat Pitt and win the bowl game and go 8-5, Richt is going to keep playcalling and there won't be any of the necessary changes made to make this team a true contender.

So - two more games to go. A grudge match against Pitt and a bowl game. It would be somewhat poetic justice to give it back to Pitt, as they did to us - going into the ACCCG. Win that and a bowl game - do any changes get made?

Whether we win or lose the next two games, at minimum, we need an overhaul on the offensive side of the ball as well as special teams.

Yes, we beat a lousy VT team. But take a look at the last four teams we lost to.

...and when you see the reason why we lost to those four teams, its even more apparent why we need to make changes on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Dissonance is the order of the day - for sure. We all know that changes need to be made, but now we've been given some hope, to run out the year on a high. I always want the Canes to win. But, is stasis on the staff a fair price?

Even if we are able to pull two more wins off I think changes still need to be made and I am one of the very few giving Richt some rope.
The signs are all there that we need change on the offensive side of the ball even last years 10 win mirage. Our D has been a godsend or at least Diaz has been for Richt. Imagine how horrible the morale around here would be if we were a middle of the road D with this O?
We just don’t quite have a steady O even when we do win games. I really hope Richt looks in the mirror to see what we could be if he brings in a young gun to run the O and he overseas the whole operation/ recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back