Bourbon induced logic!

CanesDynasty

Recruit
* 2016 - Manny gets hired as DC by Mark Richt and the Defense improves drastically
* 2017 - Defense is lights out and the turnover chain is trending nationally
* 2018 - Elite Defense is overshadowed by abysmal Offense and special teams
* 2019 - Manny takes HC job and inherts a team with a flawed roster from top to bottom with no QB, Oline, WR, etc. (And kicker)
* 2020 - Addresses roster with Key transfers at positions of need and hires Lashlee. Sees drastic improvement from offense and defense craps the bed in season finale'
* 2021 - Most of our fans blame Diaz for everything but in reality he has addressed every issue since he's taken the job. Mark this down, this is judgment year. If Miami doesn't get it done this season, he deserves blame, but no other coach in America could make it work with that roster in 2019. And 2020 was definitely a step in the right direction (minus the UNC game which still doesn't make sense to me)

Advertisement
What are you drinking though?
Four Roses, but seriously, what were us the fans in year 2 actually expecting? We just had a great recruiting class which gets swept under the rug because of 1 game. All I'm saying is lets see how year 3 unfolds. This is the year that defines most coaches, especially Miami coaches

Advertisement
Four Roses, but seriously, what were us the fans in year 2 actually expecting? We just had a great recruiting class which gets swept under the rug because of 1 game. All I'm saying is lets see how year 3 unfolds. This is the year that defines most coaches, especially Miami coaches
I’m drinking with you on this one man. Not Four Roses tonight, but I’m not going to overreact to this news.

But 700 yards bro.
That's what happens when you have Baker running the D and no DL coach available. I could not understand for the life of me why Phillips and Roche ran straight up field all game, continually exposing the counter run. They did it all game and the UNC tackles literally had to do nothing because both our ends ran themselves out of the play. We didn't find out until after the game that Stroud was not there. But Baker wasn't able to coach them up on the spot. Pitiful.

Look, it's one thing if Manny calls the plays. But game after game the game plan stunk. Stunk against UNC and we never recovered. Stunk against OSU. We looked like an unprepared team. Say what you want about Manny as a DC, but his defenses never looked so unprepared. And UNC and OSU were not running anything to the tune of what Bama ran against OSU. So is Manny going to take back over game planning? Because if he doesn't and Baker trots out the same failing game plans, then play calling doesn't mean jack. And does Manny even have the bandwidth to own the game plans? That's a tall ask. I don't think Kirby Smart or Saban are able to handle that. Trust me, Kirby screams control freak. If he had that bandwidth he would do it. But I am pretty sure he does not. Not sure how Manny would be able to.

Advertisement
That's what happens when you have Baker running the D and no DL coach available. I could not understand for the life of me why Phillips and Roche ran straight up field all game, continually exposing the counter run. They did it all game and the UNC tackles literally had to do nothing because both our ends ran themselves out of the play. We didn't find out until after the game that Stroud was not there. But Baker wasn't able to coach them up on the spot. Pitiful.

Look, it's one thing if Manny calls the plays. But game after game the game plan stunk. Stunk against UNC and we never recovered. Stunk against OSU. We looked like an unprepared team. Say what you want about Manny as a DC, but his defenses never looked so unprepared. And UNC and OSU were not running anything to the tune of what Bama ran against OSU. So is Manny going to take back over game planning? Because if he doesn't and Baker trots out the same failing game plans, then play calling doesn't mean jack. And does Manny even have the bandwidth to own the game plans? That's a tall ask. I don't think Kirby Smart or Saban are able to handle that. Trust me, Kirby screams control freak. If he had that bandwidth he would do it. But I am pretty sure he does not. Not sure how Manny would be able to.

You can't use UNC as the barometer the same way you can't use 48-0 the week before. There were a ton of extenuating circumstances against UNC and Duke had all but packed it in the week before.

* 2016 - Manny gets hired as DC by Mark Richt and the Defense improves drastically
* 2019 - Manny takes HC job and inherts a team with a flawed roster from top to bottom with no QB, Oline, WR, etc. (And kicker)
* 2020 - Addresses roster with Key transfers at positions of need and hires Lashlee. Sees drastic improvement from offense and defense craps the bed in season finale'
* 2021 - Most of our fans blame Diaz for everything but in reality he has addressed every issue since he's taken the job. Mark this down, this is judgment year. If Miami doesn't get it done this season, he deserves blame, but no other coach in America could make it work with that roster in 2019. And 2020 was definitely a step in the right direction (minus the UNC game which still doesn't make sense to me)
But UNC was important and big games matter. It is how we were built ....winning big games.

But UNC was important and big games matter. It is how we were built ....winning big games.
No question and its been over 18 years since we've won one of those type of games. Keep in mind, we weren't even playing for the playoffs. This team wasn't a playoff contender in the first place. All I'm saying is 2021 is the judgment year

Advertisement
so what you're saying is he did great with Golden's recruits on defense and since then when he has been in charge of the defense and recruiting we haven't done as well. got it.

Advertisement
Inexcusable 100%. It doesn't make sense though based on the past 4 years. Its an anomaly
It does when you think about what he asks the DL to do, he wants them to get upfield as quickly as possible and we often lack gap integrity and give up chunk plays left and right. Without all world LB's and safeties cleaning things up we are in trouble.

Manny sacrifices a sound defense by going all in for TFL's, UNC just let our DE's go upfield and hit us with the counter over and over and over. BYU did it to him at Texas.

I hope I'm wrong, I want him to succeed so we can stop having a revolving door of corches.

Keep making excuses! That’s what Miami fans have become best at, making excuses for an incompetent athletic Dept top to bottom hanging on to one last thread of “it will turn around this year!” Smh the only thing that’s turning this thing around is a new AD whos a football guy like highsmith for example that has a plan/vision and autonomy. That happens we’re serious about our selves! That doesn’t, then it’s exactly what the Anonymous acc coaches said about Miami last year, I quote “ this program needs to decide if it’s gonna get serious about themselves.” That comment right there tells you all you need to know about how the acc feels about the Miami program, they don’t respect one thing about it. Those are the facts!

Inexcusable 100%. It doesn't make sense though based on the past 4 years. Its an anomaly
It’s an anomaly? Really! Did you forget he did the same thing at Texas? You realize manure Diaz and his smoke and mirrors flawed defensive scheme owns the two WORST losses in program HISTORY at two national ****le winning programs in Miami and Texas. Smh 🤢🤮 the only difference is Texas is serious about there program and will cut there losses in a second hence why Diaz was fired immediately after the byu debacle. But here at good ole suntan U him and Baker get to keep their jobs after the UNC debacle. That tells you all you need to know about this program, AD and HC. But, but, but 8-3 bro, lisp and slide bro, manure is gonna call his flawed defense again bro, give him more time bro even thought he’s already been here almost 6 years bro and we still don’t have any linebackers bro! Lmao you mutherfvcking sheep to the slaughter fans deserve this. 😂🤣

Advertisement
Back