Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

Hudson Baby is disgusting. Tastes like sweetened corn oil.

Yep.. brand was totally re-done.. new package and a much older, improved liquid... good stuff now.

Screenshot_20210107-134738_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
Depends where you are. In DC it is 90-150
Virginia is state controlled and its like 60
I have seen it for 250 in south beach.
Are you kidding? This is a prime example of why I lost interest in bourbon. This was a $40-50 bottle until a couple of years back. Also why I would now rather drink Japanese whiskey. For American, Whistle Pig still has relatively good value, Stranahan's out of Denver is good, and ASW from Atlanta is good stuff.

Wow. So they dumped that high fructose corn oil **** in the Hudson and got a different product?
Did they cut the price?
they apparently decided that 2 years in the barrel wasn't enough time (yeah, no ****) so now it's aged "at least" 3 years. i'm guessing that they sold baby bourbon to recoup at least some of their initial investment between starting the business and being able to bring a decent product to market. still no interest since 4 years should be minimum.

Advertisement
Really digging this thread, guysm. Nice work

In addition to the ones already mentioned, a few that regularly sit on my shelf are:
Balcones Single Malt - Texas distillery, really like all their stuff
Hatozaki - incredibly smooth Japanese whisky. With a single ice cube or splash of water, and next thing you know half the bottle is gone
Redbreast - great Irish single pot still
George ****el Barrel Select - a Tennessee with a touch of sweetness, much better than the basic version

Wow. So they dumped that high fructose corn oil **** in the Hudson and got a different product?
Did they cut the price?

Old liquid went to what youknow as Baby Bourbon. They never had much liquid as they aged it on very small barrels, small overall capacity.

Barrels were changed/improved , the still and new master Distiller in place.

The new product is only available in the Tri-State area.. it is hitting the rest of the country next month.

Pricing will be under the old stuff .

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll have to admit I'm not up to speed on many bourbons, but one that I really enjoy is Bulleit. It's smooth and you really can't beat the price.

Advertisement
I’d have to look back thru the threads, but I’m pretty sure there’s a member here that owns a cigar bar downtown Atl.

Advertisement
Back