Boulware working on second unit, getting used to UM environment

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Former Tennessee offensive lineman Venzell Boulware is now current Miami offensive lineman Venzell Boulware. As a graduate transfer from the Volunteers, Boulware has already walked with his graduating class in the spring, then enrolled at Miami last month over the summer.

“Everything’s been going good, it’s been a smooth transition,” Boulware said. “They’ve welcomed me here with open arms, everybody’s been real cool. Especially the offensive linemen, it’s a tight-knit unit.”

As he graduated from Tennessee in three years, Boulware is immediately eligible and has two years to play, so he will be considered a redshirt junior in 2018. The offensive line at has been a constant trouble-area the last few years at Miami, so the coaches’ are hoping Boulware can help solidify a starting role, or at least become a top backup option.

“It’s intense for sure,” Boulware said on the competition at Miami. “Coach Searels, he pushes us every day and tries to get the most out of everybody.”

Over the weekend, Boulware took part in his first competitive scrimmage at UM. After not taking part in spring workouts at Tennessee and enrolling at Miami in the summer, it was his first game-like environment in a while and also first time at Hard Rock Stadium.

“In the scrimmage, I felt real comfortable,” Boulware said. “It’s been awhile since I’ve been in that type of atmosphere, so I was just trying to enjoy it.”

So far in fall camp, Boulware has been working at second team left guard behind Jahair Jones and elaborated on what he has to do to break into the starting lineup.

“The coaches tell me to keep working hard and get better than I was the day before,” Boulware said.

“The first step was just to come in, respect your teammates, and obviously show them that you care about the game. I feel like I was able to do that over summer workouts, and now for fall, it’s about going out there and finding a rhythm and staying consistent, show that I’m ready to play in games.”

Who has the better D-Line: Miami or Tennessee?

“(Laughs) I mean both D-Lines are good, there’s a lot of talent at both schools. Either way, just a lot of competition.”

There’s one guy on Miami’s defensive line that stands out in practice every day, though.

“I’d say G (Gerald Willis). He brings it. He switches up his moves, that’s what makes him tough.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who in the right mind would ask that question? He isn’t at Tennessee anymore why the **** do you ask him that.
The lady is a straight up imbecile. My dad would say..."Que bestia! Que pedazo de animal!" or this gem....."Hay que tener ganas de comer mierda!"

Last edited:
Who in the right mind would ask that question? He isn’t at Tennessee anymore why the **** do you ask him that.
If you used things like reasoning and common sense when considering questions asked SMD would never ask a question. #Fluffer

Advertisement
Excellent having a capable body as the 6th or 7th guy along with Scaife. Maybe he CAN push to start at LG, but having a guy who knows the rigors of College Football is huge. He and Tito solidifying a few spots with maybe not superstar play, but definite competent play will go a long way for us this year, no doubt.

The lady is a straight up imbecile. My dad would say..."Que bestia! Que pedazo de animal!" or this gem....."Hay que tener ganas de comer mierda!"

Your pops sounds like he’s a fun guy to have a few drinks and watch a game with. Good stuff.

Go Canes!

"Boulware is immediately eligible and has two years to play "
seldom seen for a grad transfer.

Advertisement
well if he aint at tenn why didn't he say miami? i know it doesn't mean anything and it isn't important but he could have said miami.

Advertisement
Your pops sounds like he’s a fun guy to have a few drinks and watch a game with. Good stuff.

Go Canes!
Thanks! My dad is quite the character! 81 and still going strong. He's sharp as a tack but he was just diagnosed with Parkinson's. It hasn't fazed him one bit though. He still practices medicine part time because he wants to stay sharp.

Advertisement
Back