Booker T. Washington vs. McArthur Live Thread Updates

View as article
Correct.

So as I said, he was the 3rd fastest LB in the country this year.

And as I asked, does anyone know what’s up with him? Is Miami pushing for him?
So you're telling me that Flowe, Smalls, Sampah and Simpson all competed in this 14th Opening and are all slower than these LB's? I respect everyone's opinion; but there has to be a problem, or these 4 guys I just mentioned are extremely overrated.

Advertisement
So you're telling me that Flowe, Smalls, Sampah and Simpson all competed in this 14th Opening and are all slower than these LB's? I respect everyone's opinion; but there has to be a problem, or these 4 guys I just mentioned are extremely overrated.
Yea the problem is that you think speed determines how good a player is for some reason.

Correct.

So as I said, he was the 3rd fastest LB in the country this year.

And as I asked, does anyone know what’s up with him? Is Miami pushing for him?

They were one of the first teams after him. He committed to them shortly after receiving an offer from us. At the time it was said he committed because of the “visit high” he was coming off of and that he likely wouldn’t stick to them. He may be using them as a placeholder. I hope we are pushing for him and would love him as a part of this LB class.

Yea the problem is that you think speed determines how good a player is for some reason.
No sir not at all; but I think that we can all agree that Flowe and the other 3 kids that I mentioned are arguably 4 of 7/8 of the best LB's in the country and Flowe is probably #1. I am not a Linebackerologist; but I find it hard to believe that none of them are on that list. That's all.
But to your statement, speed does kill and that's why I question why they are not there. You can't hit or tackle someone if you can't catch him or run him down. Even if it means taking an angle on him.
I do want Hippolite in this class and would cream my pants if we could land him, Austin-Cave and 2 of the 4 I mentioned up top.

The problem is that you believe all those BS 4.4 times people throw around.

Advertisement
No sir not at all; but I think that we can all agree that Flowe and the other 3 kids that I mentioned are arguably 4 of 7/8 of the best LB's in the country and Flowe is probably #1. I am not a Linebackerologist; but I find it hard to believe that none of them are on that list. That's all.
But to your statement, speed does kill and that's why I question why they are not there. You can't hit or tackle someone if you can't catch him or run him down. Even if it means taking an angle on him.
I do want Hippolite in this class and would cream my pants if we could land him, Austin-Cave and 2 of the 4 I mentioned up top.

You keep saying the same thing. What I posted isn’t a list of “best”. It’s fastest. Only fastest. As in, every LB who ran the 40 at an opening regional, sorted fastest to slowest. Has nothing to do with Flowe or Stampah or anyone else. If they’re not one of the 15 fastest backers, that’s fine. They’re certainly one of the best football players at the position. I’m just curious that a kid who is THAT fast and in our backyard isn’t talked about more. Does he suck? Is he dumb as ****? Just asking what the deal is with the kid cause that is elite speed.

They were on him very early and selling hard.

Ruben is the fastest backer in s.fla easily. Kid can play a The u right now

Yeah I’ll admit I don’t know much about the kid. That’s why I posted what I did and asked. Just seems like we’re on a ton of backers, and rightfully so. IMO it’s the biggest position of need in the 2020 class. But I rarely hear this kid in the mix. That is insane speed at that size.

Yeah I’ll admit I don’t know much about the kid. That’s why I posted what I did and asked. Just seems like we’re on a ton of backers, and rightfully so. IMO it’s the biggest position of need in the 2020 class. But I rarely hear this kid in the mix. That is insane speed at that size.

Thats because he committed right away after we offered and he took an official to MD.

He reminds me alot of Jon Beason who i grew up with. He's an impressive kid, i wish we would sell out for him and try to flip.

Advertisement
Thats because he committed right away after we offered and he took an official to MD.

He reminds me alot of Jon Beason who i grew up with. He's an impressive kid, i wish we would sell out for him and try to flip.

If he’s 80% the player Bease was, they better be pushing for him as hard as anyone else on the board.

Jon was a killer at Chaminade.

Hundley committed to Miami this week but says his recruitment is still open. Four-star defensive end Donell Harris also committed to Miami, is looking to recruit other local top talents to join the 2021 class. Harris made several tackles for loss Wednesday afternoon and loves what Head Coach Manny Diaz is building at Miami.

Donell-Harris.jpg

Donell Harris, DL, Miami Booker T. Washington in pursuit of Horace Atkins, QB McArthur
“I’m recruiting a lot of guys,” said Harris. “I just got my guy Anthony to join, I’m just trying to help bring the hype back to Miami.”

Harris is looking to talk to Miami Northwesternstandout Terrence Lewis to join the 2021 Miami class.

:(

:(

If Atkins truly has Schizo-affective disorder he won't do heavy jail time. He'll probably become a resident at the Florida State mental institution. A competent lawyer should be able to use his mental illness to get him in the proper setting, not prison.

Advertisement
Sad ******' story. Happened last weekend I think. I know mom and knew dad(RIP). Mom and I went to high school together and lived a few blocks away from each other. Just a got**** shame...
YUP THIS WAS CRAZY.

I LITERALLY ASKED ANOTHER FORMER PLAYER ABOUT HORACE AT PRACTICE THE DAY B4 THIS HAPPENED, just asking about former players from that team

HE SAID COACH "HORACE IS NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD, HE POST RANDOM CRAZY STUFF ON THE INTERNET YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT".

I couldnt find his ig but had his twitter where we followed each other. but it was dry.

I coached him and yea...he wasnt a hard tough kid...was our qb...and actually went away to college at Lenoir Rhyne, family was involved alot including dad....so this was mental health related

Sad as **** and that young man is going to feel it for the rest of his life. Serious mental health issues are no joke and drug comoanies don't give a **** to develop new drugs as they aren't productive members of society. They often won't take their meds, the euphoria of the "crazy" is a high to them. Start mixing street drugs in, you've got even bugger problems. Hate this for any family, so tragic.

Sad as **** and that young man is going to feel it for the rest of his life. Serious mental health issues are no joke and drug comoanies don't give a **** to develop new drugs as they aren't productive members of society. They often won't take their meds, the euphoria of the "crazy" is a high to them. Start mixing street drugs in, you've got even bugger problems. Hate this for any family, so tragic.
yup and this was a kid that was ona football scholarship i thought it was strange he went up redshirted and was never heard from again

Advertisement
YUP THIS WAS CRAZY.

I LITERALLY ASKED ANOTHER FORMER PLAYER ABOUT HORACE AT PRACTICE THE DAY B4 THIS HAPPENED, just asking about former players from that team

HE SAID COACH "HORACE IS NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD, HE POST RANDOM CRAZY STUFF ON THE INTERNET YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT".

I couldnt find his ig but had his twitter where we followed each other. but it was dry.

I coached him and yea...he wasnt a hard tough kid...was our qb...and actually went away to college at Lenoir Rhyne, family was involved alot including dad....so this was mental health related
Yeah fam, everything you said lines up with what I heard. Horace Jr's mom is real close with my dawg who lived across the street from me told us he started having problems up there in college.

His uncle is my big homie and he said their family believes Lil Horace got slipped some bad weed. Nothing's been proven, but we've all seen and heard of that scenario playing out many times before. Again, just a sad situation that hit close to home for me this time...

Bad weed? Most mental illness starts surfacing late teens to very early 20's at the latest. His age, it was usually when people begin to experience this stuff hardcore. There is some association between the two in that it can speed it all up of undiagnosed and not medicated. It still would've surfaced if he was in fact schizophrenic even if he never smoked before. Baker acted 3x suggests it was true mental illness of some kind, likely diagnosed at that time.

Bad weed? Most mental illness starts surfacing late teens to very early 20's at the latest. His age, it was usually when people begin to experience this stuff hardcore. There is some association between the two in that it can speed it all up of undiagnosed and not medicated. It still would've surfaced if he was in fact schizophrenic even if he never smoked before. Baker acted 3x suggests it was true mental illness of some kind, likely diagnosed at that time.
Having coached him...i didnt see any mental illlness sign sin the time around...but you are correct it appears around the age range.

As I said, nothing has been proven. I Never claimed to be a mental health professional and neither is anyone in his family. Just sharing their beliefs...

Advertisement
Back