Booker T vs Cocoa

Brous8988

Redshirt Freshman
Cocoa pulled it off 24-21. Booker T made a ton of mistakes both by players and coaches. Telfort got smoked every time he faced a outside rush. He has the size but couldn't pass block to save his life

Advertisement
I have seen a few comments that Telfort may be a RT only and probably a guard. He has good measurable at the Nike but is not a natural knee bender which is probably why he has trouble with speed rushers. But if knee bend is a problem can he get low enough to play guard on short yardage running situations? MR and company will have to determine that.

Nike measurable from March 2016.
6-7(ht)...300(wt)...5.56(40)...4.92(shuttle)...33.5(power ball)...20.7(vertical)....60.27(SPARQ)

He is a 2018 Jacksonville area OT/OG Brad Cecil 6-4/285 that moves his feet well laterally(no cross stepping), has a good knee bend and a good hand pop. At the Nike combine was just under 30 inches in the vertical which is great for a man that size showing he is explosive. Has a big lower base and strong there 480 squat and upper body Ok bench 335.

Brad Cecil - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
No major D1 OL recruit should be getting smoked in pass pro whether he's playing LT, RT, OG, whatever. Any kid that allows that to happen to him on the high school level is likely not going to translate to major college football. And knee-bend is not something you should have to work on. You recruit knee bend, you don't recruit stiff kids and try to give them knee-bend. Waste of time. You're asking for another Danny Isadora.

I never got the hype on telfort, he has that " I'm just bigger than everyone look" to me. Then gets to college and is raped

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back