Booker T. named Georgia High School State Champions

SFbayCane

All American
Congrats to UM commit Chris Herndon and his Norcross high team for winning back to back 6A Georgia state championships.

Im really looking forward to seeing this kid wearing the orange and green next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Congrats to Herndon. You may want to check the name of the school in the title, though.

Congrats to UM commit Chris Herndon and his Norcross high team for winning back to back 6A Georgia state championships.

Im really looking forward to seeing this kid wearing the orange and green next year.

Advertisement
Herndon is a plus athlete....he lines up wide for Norcross most of the time.

He's a mismatch for lbs to cover and a serious baller on the hardwood, serious under the radar prospect in this class.

when you say named, does that mean they didnt win it on the field or UGA has some voters like bs?

Advertisement
Definitely seems like we're bringing in a bunch of kids from winning teams in this class, bunch of state champions between Kaaya, Chad, Nigel, D. Jackson, Braxton (I think), Yearby, Cook (yeah), Herndon, and I'm sure there are others. Also a lot of kids in this class that have the ability to mature and be team captains. It'll be interesting to see who the captains are when these kids are seniors. I could see so many of them ending up deserving of the honor.

He's a mismatch for lbs to cover and a serious baller on the hardwood, serious under the radar prospect in this class.

My recollection is that he seemed to be the most impressive player for Norcross during what was a disastrous evening for Norcross when they faced BTW.

That Norcross is the state champion this year, given how bad they looked against BTW, speaks volumes about the difference in quality between the two states, at least as far as the top individual teams go.

Back in the day ('80's) the most exciting and most talent-filled all star game every year was the Ga-Fla game. The Georgia teams often played at the same level as the Florida all-star team, and won their share of games. I remember, for example, Charlie Ward quarterbacking the Georgia team one year.

Maybe if you put together a collection of the top 44 from each state, that group would be fairly even. It's just amazing, however, how far below the top Georgia team is below the top Florida team. It's a testament to how good BTW is, and further evidence is how they beat a Central team with two of the best backs probably ever playing together on a HS team. That was a heck of a Central team that BTW beat.

The quality in south Florida seems to be just getting better and better.

Advertisement

My recollection is that he seemed to be the most impressive player for Norcross during what was a disastrous evening for Norcross when they faced BTW.

That Norcross is the state champion this year, given how bad they looked against BTW, speaks volumes about the difference in quality between the two states, at least as far as the top individual teams go.

Back in the day ('80's) the most exciting and most talent-filled all star game every year was the Ga-Fla game. The Georgia teams often played at the same level as the Florida all-star team, and won their share of games. I remember, for example, Charlie Ward quarterbacking the Georgia team one year.

Maybe if you put together a collection of the top 44 from each state, that group would be fairly even. It's just amazing, however, how far below the top Georgia team is below the top Florida team. It's a testament to how good BTW is, and further evidence is how they beat a Central team with two of the best backs probably ever playing together on a HS team. That was a heck of a Central team that BTW beat.

They play really good HS football in GA. The problem is the BTW and Central were playing college football.

Ummm chill out dude. Some of the best football played in the country is played in atlanta. Last year Grayson raped Central when they came up here. So it can go both ways.

Advertisement
Definitely seems like we're bringing in a bunch of kids from winning teams in this class, bunch of state champions between Kaaya, Chad, Nigel, D. Jackson, Braxton (I think), Yearby, Cook (yeah), Herndon, and I'm sure there are others. Also a lot of kids in this class that have the ability to mature and be team captains. It'll be interesting to see who the captains are when these kids are seniors. I could see so many of them ending up deserving of the honor.

Been doing that for a while now since Randy, we need 3-4 layers of them not just 20

Advertisement
Back