Booker T. DE Thomas still open

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Booker T. Washington DE Chad Thomas has had a great high school career to this point, with two state title appearances, winning the most recent one last season. This year as a senior, he will have a new role as one of the team leaders.

"Spring has been good, stepping up wasn't hard. There's new faces to lead, but we just got to get them apart of the program. I've been focusing on using my hands, they're just important as my quickness so I got to improve in that area as well."

Thomas has consistently maintained that Miami and Florida State were up top for him, but he is trying to play the recruiting process quietly right now.

"There's not really a top anymore, but I'm still liking those schools though."

Something that was previously important to Chad was playing with former teammate and FSU signee Matthew Thomas, whose future with the 'Noles is in limbo as he has requested to be released from his letter of intent. The younger Thomas seems like he would accept playing at a different school than the highly rated linebacker.

"I really didn't think about that, but if we end up in different places, then we've got to do our thing in different organizations."

What does he think will ultimately happen with Matthew?

"I haven't talked to him about that."

Chad, a student at the New World School of Arts, had a musical performance at the James L. Knight center yesterday and received a surprise visit from Miami defensive line coach Jethro Franklin prior to the concert.

"It was cool that he came by and showed love, kind of surprising. He went through a lot to get to me. He was at my school for almost 30-40 minutes."

Advertisement
Is LSU a darkhorse with Chad? Nole insiders Chris Nee and Josh Newberg think he ends up a Cane.

He should announce on signing day and incorporate him playing the fight song on an instrument lol

GET HIM

Advertisement
I will believe it when he signs the LOI. But I must admit this is looking alot better day by day. The Nole fiasco really was a blessing in disguise cuz I think he was signed, sealed, delivered to them before that. And I think he would have taken Nigel Patton with him. Now i think we have the inside track on both. And this kid wont commit anywhere until NSD. You can just tell he is not really focused on recruiting right now.

Advertisement
Pete, what's the update with Chad Thomas? Are we still in the same position as what you reported a few weeks ago? That dude is either trying to reach Keef levels of trolling Louisville fans on Twitters or he may be in love with them because that's all he tweets about. Dude can't believe the "L'sUP#" Do NOT want to lose this kid to a piece of bull **** program like ******* Louisville. I guess if he wants to live up there and get his musical degree in blue grass?

Sorry for adding this here but I didn't want to make a new thread.

Advertisement
I try not to be one of those posters who is demanding updates and all that. I know that if Pete or Tito or whoever has an update they will share it. I've just noticed this dude constantly tweeting this stuff out. His avi is him in Louisville gear. He tweets at Teddy Bridgewater. It just made me curious.

I try not to be one of those posters who is demanding updates and all that. I know that if Pete or Tito or whoever has an update they will share it. I've just noticed this dude constantly tweeting this stuff out. His avi is him in Louisville gear. He tweets at Teddy Bridgewater. It just made me curious.

If he actually does pick loserville lulz is all I can say

His cousin Jermaine Reve plays at Louisville

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back