Bond with Knighton a factor for 2022 4-star RB Patterson

He put on a lot of size, but we're thin at RB right now so his workload has been pretty low in practice.
I have nothing regarding his recruitment though.

I will say this...

Our biggest prospect on the entire team is favoring Miami right now.
I won't say who he is but he's a Junior and may be the top player at his position in the entire state. Day one contributor in college.

I'll let yall figure it out. LOL

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
I still haven't figured out who @dsddcane is (Rod Mack?) so guessing games might not be for me. smh

But thas still wassup!

Advertisement
He put on a lot of size, but we're thin at RB right now so his workload has been pretty low in practice.
I have nothing regarding his recruitment though.

I will say this...

Our biggest prospect on the entire team is favoring Miami right now.
I won't say who he is but he's a Junior and may be the top player at his position in the entire state. Day one contributor in college.

I'll let yall figure it out. LOL

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
What juniors even have a Miami offer other than Patterson from Deerfield?

This is why I’m always a fan of taking the local studs. The relationship with Knighton is a factor in this recruitment. If Knighton went to FSU we likely wouldn’t be in the running.

it’s why I still think the staff should’ve considered taking Amari Daniels. Help build the fence around SFL as much as you reasonably can.

Advertisement
Yes sir.

He's grown since that page was updated though. He was up to 345 last year. Way too heavy. He lost a ton of weight during the off season and grew about 2".
I saw something around 351, but if he lost some and grew a bit, its fine.

Advertisement
Two other names to look out for are Junior LB Detarius Lee (6'1" 215lbs)
20201022_164747_HDR(1).jpg
20201022_164804_HDR(1).jpg

And Sophomore LB/RB Jayvant Brown (6'1" 205lbs).

IMG_20201023_091201.jpg
IMG_20201023_091205.jpg

Hixson has seen Lee already. I don't really anticipate an offer coming for him, but Jayvant Brown will likely get one as soon as Miami comes around to see him move. He's a freak. I'll be shocked if he's not eventually an All American.

How heavily are we recruiting him? Who are the other major contenders?

He's got offers from pretty much everybody. Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, etc. He's one of the few teenagers that is rarely on his phone though, so many of the OOS schools that are recruiting him can barely get in touch. LOL

LB/DE Justice Cross and DT Alton Tarber
20201022_164956_HDR(1)(1).jpg

Tarber
IMG_20201023_090814.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah he was up that high. Really hindered his motor and ability to stay on the field.
I'd say he's about 6'2" 315 right now. I gotta ask him.
If you say hes the best player in the state at this position, I gotta watch some tape real asap. :D

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Coach Macho tell me about that cross kid who looks like he can tie his shoes standing up

6'2"-6'3" 210lbs-220lbs
Rangy.
Good speed.
Kinda twitchy.
Good knee bend.
Plays pretty well in space.

Unfortunately has to play DE for us because we lost so many D-linemen to transfers in the off-season. We only have 2 varsity DE's on the entire roster...but ideally he's an Outside Linebacker.

Committed to FAU right now but has a handful of other offers.

Two other names to look out for are Junior LB Detarius Lee (6'1" 215lbs)
View attachment 134147View attachment 134148

And Sophomore LB/RB Jayvant Brown (6'1" 205lbs).

View attachment 134152View attachment 134153

Hixson has seen Lee already. I don't really anticipate an offer coming for him, but Jayvant Brown will likely get one as soon as Miami comes around to see him move. He's a freak. I'll be shocked if he's not eventually an All American.

He's got offers from pretty much everybody. Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, etc. He's one of the few teenagers that is rarely on his phone though, so many of the OOS schools that are recruiting him can barely get in touch. LOL

LB/DE Justice Cross and DT Alton Tarber
View attachment 134150

Tarber
View attachment 134154

58 is built like an absolute 24 wheeler for a high school kid.

Advertisement
Back