Bolden Named ACC DB of the Week

Advertisement
1602534793300.gif

Advertisement
Blows mind how hall is a ghost this year....

Why are we having such a hard time developing highly ranked kids?!?!

At this point he’s done absolutely nothing in 2.5 seasons

Hall was solid last year. Was 2nd on the team in tackles and flashed in a few games but he hasn’t been the same this year

The ninja Hall only played one half of ball last game. He also is on the back end more so than Bolden. Teams arent able to throw long on us so far. It is what it is..but just off of evaluating skills Bolden is a better player. Bolden has stuck out in every game i have ever seen him play and that dates back to Bishop Gorman High School..these are the type of safeties we have routinely recruited in the early 2000s. We lucked into getting him out of the portal though.

Advertisement
Look, he didn’t impact the game or score like Sean T in the FSU game in 03 (I think), but **** if dude didn’t make me wish we had about 20 more just like him on the field Saturday. Super proud to call this guy a Cane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hall was solid last year. Was 2nd on the team in tackles and flashed in a few games but he hasn’t been the same this year
Instead of him seeing what Bolden is doing and stepping his play up to match..its like Hall is shrinking in the moment. Its like the girl who was the **** in HS and was best looking and most popular..then she goes to college where there are 20-25k girls who were also the **** in HS and best looking and most popular and she has a hard time adjusting.

Hall just seems to be having a tough time trying to find his identity now and what his role is in this defense. Bolden just completely took over with no fair warning.

Instead of him seeing what Bolden is doing and stepping his play up to match..its like Hall is shrinking in the moment. Its like the girl who was the **** in HS and was best looking and most popular..then she goes to college where there are 20-25k girls who were also the **** in HS and best looking and most popular and she has a hard time adjusting.

Hall just seems to be having a tough time trying to find his identity now and what his role is in this defense. Bolden just completely took over with no fair warning.
he waiting to chest bump him again

The comparison are wrong.
Hall and Bolden are different players asked to do different things.

We play a defense that has field (wide side) and boundary (short/weak side).

Often times Bolden is put on the field side and basically told to fill in the lane on field side, man up over the slot from depth or play overtop everybody. I mean those are massively big tasks, but that's what Manny said he need, hence he called his Field Safeties "erasers", which is code for "if my weird blitz at odd times doesn't work, this guy has to clean up my mess."
Meanwhile the other safety plays short side, which is tighter when it comes to run, so they rarely make a play, based on typical alignment and number of running plays to short side, and their often task to play that robber spot for those vacated mid you see from the LBs.
Hall isn't going to make splash plays like Bolden, more has to get everyone aligned and all that communication, but he is growing and hopefully next year, he becomes what Jaquan was and what Bolden is. We're good at producing these players, and with what's coming up behind, i.e., Tae, and the '21 class, it's looking well.
I wish Hall made more plays but here he are. I also wish I won the lottery.

Advertisement
Back