Bolden cleared to play, ready to make an impact at Miami

And i don't know what film some of yall saw on him. From the film i saw dude looked like he had decent speed and quickness.
That south Florida bias lol, this kid is big, fast, can cover and is known to be a hitter. I’m sure you know but others don’t apparently but Ohio state doesn’t just recruit anybody at db as they recruit to a mold of dbs who are great athletes and can play. Bolden was one of those guys osu thought they were getting until he chose usc at the army game . People always clamor about Ohio state dbs(or should be) and if they recruited him as hard as they did then that’s someone you want in your secondary period...

Advertisement
That south Florida bias lol, this kid is big, fast, can cover and is known to be a hitter. I’m sure you know but others don’t apparently but Ohio state doesn’t just recruit anybody at db as they recruit to a mold of dbs who are great athletes and can play. Bolden was one of those guys osu thought they were getting until he chose usc at the army game . People always clamor about Ohio state dbs(or should be) and if they recruited him as hard as they did then that’s someone you want in your secondary period...
Thats a good indicator the OSU thing but they recruited Tate hard too. Lets not preach like OSU are some bosses they have busts to that transfer or never play. I hope he kills it but again its just my opinion and not everyone including myself are right all the time. I have been wrong more then right I think

Harley is the team's official hype man so this must be taken with a grain of salt, but this does provide a little hope:

"I have never seen a playmaker on defense," junior wide receiver Mike Harley said. "On offense you have playmakers that put the ball in their hands, but on defense I have never seen a playmaker since high school. You've got a couple who make interceptions and make tackles, but that guy is special. He's like a sore thumb and he stands out. He brings that on Greentree as well. In practice we'll tag off and wrap up, but he'll come in and bang. He didn't play football for at least a year and a half so he's just getting back used to it all. I can't wait to see him play Saturday."

Advertisement
Talking about him being overrated as a pro has nothing to do with college.
True

I didnt watch him much being honest but i would assume that front at bama helped him. I was surprised he fell so far in the draft the experts saw something and the nyg had the worst gm in its history imo at that time. I like the gm now though alot even though most hate him cause he doesnt make the picks they want. He has made the picks i want though and done moves i love

Harley is the team's official hype man so this must be taken with a grain of salt, but this does provide a little hope:

"I have never seen a playmaker on defense," junior wide receiver Mike Harley said. "On offense you have playmakers that put the ball in their hands, but on defense I have never seen a playmaker since high school. You've got a couple who make interceptions and make tackles, but that guy is special. He's like a sore thumb and he stands out.

Never heard “sore thumb” used in a positive manner before. This is starting to get interesting.

I seen all the film im just telling people what I see doesnt make it gospel i been right before and i have been wrong. Just stating my non bias opinion like I always do

I tried to give you a chance to retract your statement, before insulting you. But only a complete dummy would think Bubba is slow, stiff, and can't cover. I specifically sent you that clip to show you that he was the DB MVP of the opening and picked off Tua numerous times. Unbiased opinion?? FOH

Thats a good indicator the OSU thing but they recruited Tate hard too. Lets not preach like OSU are some bosses they have busts to that transfer or never play. I hope he kills it but again its just my opinion and not everyone including myself are right all the time. I have been wrong more then right I think
I’ll take my chances with any db recruit they prioritize, like i said they recruit to a mold. they have been pumping out high round draft picks at dbs for years now

Advertisement

Tate plays Offense. He's talking about OSU's track record of recruiting DBS!!

"I have never seen a playmaker on defense," junior wide receiver Mike Harley said. "On offense you have playmakers that put the ball in their hands, but on defense I have never seen a playmaker since high school. You've got a couple who make interceptions and make tackles, but that guy is special. He's like a sore thumb and he stands out. He brings that on Greentree as well. In practice we'll tag off and wrap up, but he'll come in and bang. He didn't play football for at least a year and a half so he's just getting back used to it all. I can't wait to see him play Saturday."
Thats sounds promising man we will see i have been hyped before so im being careful with it. I dont trust Diaz evals not yet at least

I tried to give you a chance to retract your statement, before insulting you. But only a complete dummy would think Bubba is slow, stiff, and can't cover. I specifically sent you that clip to show you that he was the DB MVP of the opening and picked off Tua numerous times. Unbiased opinion?? FOH
We will see and if your right ill be glad to eat crow. U can call me names **** doesnt bother or offend me i laugh. Maybe im not seeing straight

Advertisement

Never thought I'd say this but .... give me a kicker who can kick a FG under 45 yds consistently... that has unfortunately become my new standard for a "playmaker"

... or maybe Baxa is secretly pushing for a "Field Goal Chain"

Advertisement
You know he’s the fastest safety Miami’s got outside keontra who was slightly faster right? I mean He ran a 4.57 verified 40 at 6’3 190 in highschool. Hes literally the best size and speed combo athlete we got in the secondary. He’s rangy, can cover and can hit as a safety was billed at usc starting free safety as a true sophmore last year before the suspension
I agree his length really sticks out...this kid has all the tools to be big-time..

I agree it’s not that extreme but a few posters on this site (a couple of big contributors too) have stayed pretty strong on the “Bolden will start soon” bandwagon. I don’t see it, I see him working his way in over the next 2-4 weeks but there are some much more knowledgeable posters than I who are pushing the narrative this guy is going to bench everyone other than Hall and do it as soon as he gets playing games. It would be great to see but I’m not sure it’s realistic.

A lot of people are building up a guy who hasn’t been a hurricane long, hasn’t played football in a long time, and started practicing with the team in August.

If he benches Knowles and splits time with Hall and Carter he’s still an improvement but not even close to the hype some are putting out there.
Here’s the thing. He doesn’t need to be hyped and he doesn’t need to be great to start getting a lot of time at Safety. He just needs to be better than an AJ Highsmith/Kacey Rodgers level Safety (Bobyonce’) in order to start getting a lot of reps. It’s not like he’s got Reed and Taylor in front of him.

Advertisement
Back