Bolden and Phillips

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agreed with Rousseau coming into this game but Phillips is really, really good, especially against the run.
watch the 3rd and 29 draw FSU runs in the first half. Watch who make the tackle 15 yards downfield. That’s not just NFL, that was 1st round pick level.
I only got to watch the tail end of this game so I missed JP's performance. But from the radio call is was pretty dang good!

I only got to watch the tail end of this game so I missed JP's performance. But from the radio call is was pretty dang good!
He made plays today that very, very few college d-ends can make and not even a lot of NFL guys can make. The chase down 15 years down field. The interception, the tackle for loss on the jet sweep. Lots of talent but Phillips is legit top high school player in the country talented. His level of size, passion and intelligence is pretty rare. Phillips, plays like a grown *** man

Advertisement
He made plays today that very, very few college d-ends can make and not even a lot of NFL guys can make. The chase down 15 years down field. The interception, the tackle for loss on the jet sweep. Lots of talent but Phillips is legit top high school player in the country talented. His level of size, passion and intelligence is pretty rare. Phillips, plays like a grown *** man
He's a junior right, is he gone after his year? I still hate we didn't get to the see the trio of Rousseau/Roche/Phillips this year...

He's a junior right, is he gone after his year? I still hate we didn't get to the see the trio of Rousseau/Roche/Phillips this year...
All will be gone after this year.
Remember that Phillips lost 1-2 years of college football because of injuries/concussions. No way Phillips is playing more college basketball than necessary.

All will be gone after this year.
Remember that Phillips lost 1-2 years of college football because of injuries/concussions. No way Phillips is playing more college basketball than necessary.

As long as he keeps playing college football we'll be alright.

Advertisement
Those Cali boys I’nt no joke.
Bubba is a straight up, certified animal. He’s good, crazy good. Dude is all over the field. And that position is hard as **** to play. You got be good in coverage, you got to tackle, not be afraid to fill lanes and cover space. Dude is a beast.

Those Cali boys I’nt no joke.
Bubba is a straight up, certified animal. He’s good, crazy good. Dude is all over the field. And that position is hard as **** to play. You got be good in coverage, you got to tackle, not be afraid to fill lanes and cover space. Dude is a beast.
After Phillips interception both he and Bolden were yelling ‘west coast” and Phillips was throwing up a “w” into the camera.

Advertisement
Both of these guys are five-star level talents at this point. I don't think Roche is quite on that level but he is certainly an above average veteran starter, as is Williams the right tackle. So say four star. King is a five star. Add in the kicking game.

Point is, if you take an above average talented team and replace the really bad weak spots with five starters of this caliber, isn't that essentially what a top five team is made of?

Advertisement
Back