Blustein Class of 2018 Top 75

Advertisement
@Liberty City El @gogeta4

Thanks for the analysis guys. It is much appreciated. Troutman sounds like he's for real. Is there enough room for him and you think he is a take considering all the other studs we're in on? With Watt and Joseph you said they are being recruited by the likes of USF, Louisville, UCF, Kentucky and so on. Do you think they are UM caliber?

It would seem that the staff, at least for now is lukewarm on both Joseph and Georges for whatever reason. What are the names so far in South Florida in terms of LB and DL that the staff is hard after?
Both Watt & Joseph are definitely UM caliber... Billy Joseph was committed to us before.

Larry Ballstain is nice fella but clueless.

Anyone can tell ya Dalvin Cook and Duke Johnson are really good.

His 2010 Dade "pre spring" list included the following peaches:

#10 Josh "Who" Reese
#27 Allen "Pro Bowler" Hurns

Not to be outdone by his Dade 2011 "pre spring" list including:

#5 Jaron "What" Seymore
#24 Devonta "Pro Bowler" Freeman

Josh Jobe is the best player in Dade County THIS YEAR let alone next year.

So your point is that the dude gets a few wrong every year? He should probably just hang it up if he's not going to bat 1k

#10 Josh "Who" Reese

#5 Jaron "What" Seymore

Freeman wasn't a full time starter..and Larry knew about Heron Seymour since he played pee wee ball. Kern was putting up big numbers at the time as well. Had a solid career at vandy.

Allen hurts was underrated by everyone. Dude was quiet as **** and carol city was down sliding at the tine..central was a locomotive with Reese showing out in big games.

Blustering had a bias for some guys that he has covered since optomist days..that's about it he's pretty plugged in though in my opinion. Blu was coming to practices when I was in high school and knew my name then when no one did lol.

Awful list.. Who the **** is...

24. Hunter Goetz, S, 6-2, 190, Charles W. Flanagan

and how is he ahead of..

29. Al Blades, CB, 6-1, 180, St. Thomas Aquinas
37. Demeatrius Ivey Jr., CB, 6-2, 175, Homestead South Dade
39. Randy Russell, DB, 5-11, 175, Miami Carol City

Advertisement
Glad to see Blu made it through the illness. No one loves South Florida football quite like him

Glad to see Blu made it through the illness. No one loves South Florida football quite like him

So true....

Those *****ing about the list, post yours and your credentials for it.

There's one thing I can say about Larry. He sees these players firsthand more than anyone but their coaches. As a whole, he probably logs more camp, game, and practice in person or on film than anyone.

It's funny to me someone pointing at some national list where I'd bet whomever the list is from in all likelihood hasn't seen said player more than once live.

As someone else said, nobody bats a thousand or even close. If you asked him about his list, he could detail very selection.

Advertisement
Cook & Surtain Jr are both overrated as f*ck...
Blades, Asante Jr & Mark Pope should all be in the top 5.

And, shout out to Tutu Atwell for making the list, lol.

I want to know what your take is on a few of these guys :

James Head DE Southridge
Davoan Hawkins DE Chaminade
Trenell Troutman. DB Aquinas
Nik Bonitto DE Aquinas
Andrew Chattfield DE. American Heritage
Kevin Austin WR. North Broward Prep
Dominic Watt. WR McArthur
Kenny Bastida LB Deerfield

I see these guys are up toward the top of Bluesteins list. I know nothing about most of them outside of Head and Troutman who's names I'm familiar with but not much than that. Are you familiar with any of them in terms of what type of prospects you think they are?

Also are we in the picture for Donovan Georges and/or Billy Joseph?

Watt is a beast. May emerge as a top overall athlete in the state.

Dominick Watt is a player..a big wr..built well plays both sides of the ball at a high level. Kid will be 210-215 in college..we should recruit him at wr.

Chatfield plays de at Heritage ..may have ability at lb..but has a crazy first step and is impressive in the games I watched last year where he and Brian Burns wrecked havoc. I think Chatfield could be a 6'3-240 pd kid by next season

I think Watt maybe an even better safety on the collegiate level. Can play both sides at a high level though.

Advertisement

#10 Josh "Who" Reese

#5 Jaron "What" Seymore

so Jobe really is the best player in Dade? i wish i was closer or able to watch more of these events live, i do my best to keep up online but only dealing with highlights can make it difficult...i try n catch replays n stuff but even then i dont see em all... im a big fan of everything ive seen from Jobe tho

and how is he ahead of..

the son of the owner/founder of the s.fla express and leader of the reason for aau football in south florida.

Advertisement

and how is he ahead of..

the son of the owner/founder of the s.fla express and leader of the reason for aau football in south florida.

Lol I don't know if he's related, but brett doesn't have a son. I coached on sfe for a few years.

rivals hates miami with a passion and they even have AL Blades at the #18 overall recruit in the country. lol @ him being 29th best player in 2 counties MUAHAHAHHA

Blu might be "plugged in" and he might watch a ton of live football but that doesn't mean he knows WTF he's looking at. LOL
Since when does watching football make you an expert on evaluations?

You know who watches more football than him? Coaches. (via Hudl)

This guy releases a "top coaches" list every few years and they're even more laughable than his top prospect lists. It's basically just a list of guys who coach at loaded high schools. Samuels is on this year's list and he hasn't even coached a game yet. LOL. And you'll never see him give credit to guys who coach at "lower tier" high schools. (ex: the guy at Douglas who's one of the better coaches in Broward) ****, he had Rocco Casullo on his top coaches list a few years ago when he was at STA. What happened, he forgot to coach now?

Nice guy. 100% dedicated to South FLA high school football. Knows a ton of interesting facts. Doesn't know football itself. His credibility = no bueno

Last edited:
And if I was still at Western that list would give me a headache. Three offensive kids from WHS on that list: Elijah Moore, Kevin Austin and Harrison Story. SMH

Advertisement
Back