Blows my mind

Interesting stat considering it’s commonly thought of that the state of Florida schools all have good (& had good) recruiting head coaches.

I guess the results of some of this state are Bama (obviously), osu, uga all playing at a high level.

Advertisement
Interesting stat considering it’s commonly thought of that the state of Florida schools all have good (& had good) recruiting head coaches.

I guess the results of some of this state are Bama (obviously), osu, uga all playing at a high level.
Playing, and/or Paying?

2019 class-

3 5 star kids in Florida. 2 from out of state and kids not from Florida (IMG)

2018 CLASS-
6 5STAR KIDS. We landed 1. 1 from out of state(IMG) The 2 Mike Rumph specials and an overranked tackle from Tampa that i think we lightly recruited.

2017 Class-
5 5star kids- 2 from out of state (IMG) 1 From Pensacola (which is basically out of state). Jerry Jeudy miss and Jacksonville kid.

2016 class-
3 5 star kids- 2 from out of state (Img). BOSA out of STA

Yea sooooo about that..........IMG inflation.

If I did my math right, that’s over 41% of the five stars that you listed are IMG products. That is nearly approaching half. It’s all semantics, but that sure does sound like IMG inflation of me.

Nonetheless, the original point, that the state is disproportionately losing highly rated kids, has a some merit to it 💰

Advertisement
It isn't just Miami losing out to the bags.

If I did my math right, that’s over 41% of the five stars that you listed are IMG products. That is nearly approaching half. It’s all semantics, but that sure does sound like IMG inflation of me.

Nonetheless, the original point, that the state is disproportionately losing highly rated kids, has a some merit to it 💰

Thats the inflation im speaking of.

Those kids werent from here.

We still are hemoraghing some elite level recruits...Bama winning is 1 and having footing in state being 1. And some bag droppings.

But you can tell those that havent followed recruiting too long...WE NEVER SNATCHED UP THE 5 STAR GUYS.....

We need some improvement there...but evals and hitting on your top targets are key to me more than just saying need a 5 star kid...for example the OT that went to OSU ...i didnt see him as a 5 star kid at all.

Thats the inflation im speaking of.

Those kids werent from here.

We still are hemoraghing some elite level recruits...Bama winning is 1 and having footing in state being 1. And some bag droppings.

But you can tell those that havent followed recruiting too long...WE NEVER SNATCHED UP THE 5 STAR GUYS.....

We need some improvement there...but evals and hitting on your top targets are key to me more than just saying need a 5 star kid...for example the OT that went to OSU ...i didnt see him as a 5 star kid at all.

I agree.

Yeah I’m not the line expert like you, but that OSU kid there was a lot of mixed thought about him anyway.

It would just be nice to hit every once in a while on one of these five star kids like maybe a Jeudy or a T. Campbell.

So every once in awhile, when things are hitting on all cylinders, it would help. I know we’re not ever going to hit 100% of the blue chips down here, it’s never worked that way.

And then there’s always kids like the Bosas, who were never ever going to Miami anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back