Blessed to have Lived Through the Greatest Era of Canes Football

MotoSniper

Palo Verde All-American
I have been fortunate enough to have been born at a time that enabled me to become witness and fan for UM during its reign of dominance from the 80s to early 2000s, when the Roman Empire of college football was far-reaching and a global brand. The great times were fückin magical, beating FSWho in the OB in 2000, Edge crushing UCLAs dreams in the season finale in 98', Wide Right I, II, III, Wide Left I...etc.I cried like an infant when Warren Sapp ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and Tommie Frasier, blood clots and all, smoke checked us for the Natie in the OB in 95'. Point is, like the roaring 1920s, it was a great time to be alive and be part of greatness...those times have passed.

To the young members of the fanbase and Rooks, I know it's not fair, but life is not fair, deal with it. You missed out on one of the most dominant, outrageous, and "swag" filled eras of our university and its football team. UM is currently living in modern day Italy, with fleeting reminders of a great empire that once occupied its lands, never to return again and lost to the pages of history forever.

We are a middling team in the Coastal, that will not change. We will oscillate between 6-6 and 9-3 seasons for the foreseeable future, and when 6-6 seasons stack up consecutively, the sac-less admin will be forced into action and replace one inept corching staff with another, all at wholesale price which will result in a wholesale staff...and yep, more corching...

That is it folks, that is football. If this thread offends your sensibilities or your fragile ego...remember

Advertisement
Seeing us beat the #1 team so many times it was crazy. #1 teams used to come into the orange bowl and stumble out begging for mercy.

Anyone that witnesses the 89 notre dame, the Cotton Bowl against Texas and how many loses Oklahoma had in the 1985-88 seasons saw what we did to the elite of college football. How many championships would Bowden won if he didn’t play us every year?

It was a great time to be alive and witness it all. Unfortunately I’m not sure we will ever be back unless the BOT/admin get serious about having a great football team again.

And right before we decided to get serious about winning a championship we had a string of horrible seasons with things being so bad there was discussion about dropping football.

The best thing about hard times is you appreciate the good times even more.

Miami Football will rise again.

All it takes is for Frenk to remove Blake James & Jenn Straws (who are absolutely terrible at overseeing our major sports). Coaching changes would then follow the change at AD.

Watch Celebrity Sweat with Ray Lewis & Nelly to see how an NFL legend & champion trains. Ray's intensity & focus is amazing. Watch the FIU game to see apathy & lack of effort. It's really a stunning contrast. I feel sad for the former players that put in so much work to make Miami Football an iconic program. It's also a tremendous shame for Miami fans as we've been robbed of something truly special for over 15 years now.

If we hire a great HC, we will be back to being elite within 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back