Bleak's Player Grades Duke

My Watch ESPN app has been freezing like no other last night and today WTF I had to rewatch the game this morning

Rosier- He played a good game he went on a little spurt where he couldnt find anybody open. My boy at the game said there was nobody open some times and he was under a pressure a lot. Seems to be his interceptions will come when throwing deep over the middle. He played good. Grade: B

Walton- First game against a P5 opponent and he only averaged 3 yards a carry. Would like to see that around 4 or 5 ypc. Duke did have a good run defense. One thing I noticed is Walton has definitely been watching film of other jump cutting running backs, he didnt run like that last year. he was also very good out of the backfield. Still missing that speed that I wish he had. As I much as I dogged him over the years I hope hes healthy for FSU we really need him hes the heart of the team. Grade: C

Ahmon Richards- The most talented WR on the team the drop off after him is steep. He was great. made every play when given the chance. Grade: A+

KC MCdermott: Inconsistent as usual, I fear he will be the death of us one game. Grade: C-

Navaughn Donaldson:- Was good in the run game, got abused a few times in the passing game. He's a freshman not gonna be an all american every game . Grade:C

T. Gathier: Noticed him being pushed in the backfield all night. Grade:D

Harley: The drops are getting concerning, Struggled against man coverage to get separation. but hes a freshman needs to get to 175-180. Grade:D

Braxton: Where have you been all my life !!Another great game from him, But dammit if i see you fair catch another punt! Grade:A-

Cager: If you only had speed mane! He is a great 3rd down reciever to get the first down..nothing more. But he caught everything thrown his way. Grade:C

Homer: great run at the end of the game. Didnt get a chance to play much last night I was confused why. Grade: B

Defense

Norton: Best game of the year made a lot of plays today. We gonna need this Norton against my boys Grade: A

Darrion Owens: Actually played a lot better this game Still think he should lose about 10 pounds looks to have a little bit of a pop belly and runs a little heavy That might help him with his speed, Grade:B

Pinckney Phucking Beast. Grade:A+

#3: Didnt play as bad today. PArtially because he wasnt on the field as much. It felt like we were hiding him. WHich is good coaching. He only got beat once or twice and had some pass breakups. but lets not start sucking his dyck just yet. Grade:B

Shaq: Still amazed at his speed difference from last year.. Held Wr's on corssing routes to 3 yard gains. Made solid tackles anc I can remember any bad plays. Grade:B

Zach Mccloud: Over ran a few plays today and misread others. He has had better games. Grade:C

Chad: Made plays inside and outside. had a great game..keep playing like this and he gets drafted. Grade:A

J. Jackson: Dat Boy Good!.. Hes gonna win us a game this year with a strip sackreturn for a TD. He was pretty much unblockable all nightGrade:A

Tool box Trent:- He makes plays every game in limited snaps. We are deep at DE. Grade: A

Mike Jackson:- Is it me or did I see him more at safety more then corner?

Redwine:- He played good. We played him like a corner more then safety. He missed one tackle but made a lot of first down saving tackles. Grade:B

Maleek Young:- Played against Rahming Very well, Only thing he is missing is strength. Got beat once or twice but who doesnt made a lot of PB's If he turned around he would have had a pick or two. Grade:A-

Bandy:- I knoe he is a 4.5 4.6 guy but why does he look so explosive? Im glad he is getting more PT and Delaney less. Grade: B+

Dean:- came in and made plays..Hopefully at the end of the year he is playing more. Grade:A

Jennings: wAS out there banging heads,,especially on special teams..He looked fast was sometimes the first one down. Grade:A

Richt: Called a vanilla game plan 2nd half which might have been smart being on the road and the way pur defense was playing. Stifled Rosier a little bit but hey it was a win. Should have took Walton out. Grade:C

Diaz: flat out outcoached Cutcliff, its like we knew what they were doing.. Feels good to say that..Props for limiting Deaney snaps, Held offense without a TD! Grade: A

Yo boys huh? That hurt me bruh

Advertisement
Agree with you on most of this Vern.

Walton was running on a bad ankle, still had 130yds from scrimmage rushing & receiving.

I think Homer didn't get as many snaps because of Blitz pickup, we used Walton a lot to help chip & pass protect because our OL was struggling.

I don't get why they're not giving Choc & Burns some carries late, Walton is gonna get injured for real if we run him into the ground.

He has 10 carries last game and 15 in this one. He's not being run into the ground.
I mean in context to his injury, not the amount of carries he's had.

He's obviously hurt & running on a bad ankle, that's why after every run he's getting up limping.

Dude is in serious pain, he's just toughening it out for the team, he was literally crying & writhing in pain, if he's not fully healthy he could get hurt seriously & be out for awhile, is what I'm saying.

And he actually had 17 carries, plus multiple targets as a WR & blocks on nearly every passing down.

Agreed with that part of it. Seems like Homer should have been in then. Thing about is he doesn't want to come out. He is laying everything on the line. He hated it when Richt limited his carries in the Spring. He hated limited reps in the Fall. He is a gamer and you have to know that part of him being in when he got hurt was him telling the coaches he wanted in.

I have no problem with Braxton fair catching. If you go back and look, every time he did fair catch we were going for the all out block and we had nobody downfield blocking. He had 3-4 guys closing in on him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would a Duke fan care about Berrios so much? Doesn't make sense.

The same reasons why you care about who another grown man likes.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]

U better not give Jaquan a pass and add that **** in there kid is horrendous and cats was running around him as I expected......and we cant put him at nickel cuz Bandy is an upgrade there a bigtime upgrade

U better not give Jaquan a pass and add that **** in there kid is horrendous and cats was running around him as I expected......and we cant put him at nickel cuz Bandy is an upgrade there a bigtime upgrade

This. I can't believe people were bashing Redwine but not saying anything about Jj. Redwine is better in coverage and a extremely better tackler.

Jj looks lost in space , it's like a guaranteed missed tackle. I don't remember him being this bad last year but this year has been an abortion.

We knew coming in he was undersized and not the best athlete, but I thought he'd be a great tackler and his smarts would overcome his deficiencies.

Advertisement

This. I can't believe people were bashing Redwine but not saying anything about Jj. Redwine is better in coverage and a extremely better tackler.

Jj looks lost in space , it's like a guaranteed missed tackle. I don't remember him being this bad last year but this year has been an abortion.

We knew coming in he was undersized and not the best athlete, but I thought he'd be a great tackler and his smarts would overcome his deficiencies.

JJ doesnt have the speed, very smart player but if your not explosive u can be super smart but u have no tools to work with. I dont care how smart u are when he pledged I knew he would struggle because the lack of explosiveness. Bandy has that explosiveness and u can see it on film those guys jump off the tape

My Watch ESPN app has been freezing like no other last night and today WTF I had to rewatch the game this morning

Rosier- He played a good game he went on a little spurt where he couldnt find anybody open. My boy at the game said there was nobody open some times and he was under a pressure a lot. Seems to be his interceptions will come when throwing deep over the middle. He played good. Grade: B

Walton- First game against a P5 opponent and he only averaged 3 yards a carry. Would like to see that around 4 or 5 ypc. Duke did have a good run defense. One thing I noticed is Walton has definitely been watching film of other jump cutting running backs, he didnt run like that last year. he was also very good out of the backfield. Still missing that speed that I wish he had. As I much as I dogged him over the years I hope hes healthy for FSU we really need him hes the heart of the team. Grade: C

Ahmon Richards- The most talented WR on the team the drop off after him is steep. He was great. made every play when given the chance. Grade: A+

KC MCdermott: Inconsistent as usual, I fear he will be the death of us one game. Grade: C-

Navaughn Donaldson:- Was good in the run game, got abused a few times in the passing game. He's a freshman not gonna be an all american every game . Grade:C

T. Gathier: Noticed him being pushed in the backfield all night. Grade:D

Harley: The drops are getting concerning, Struggled against man coverage to get separation. but hes a freshman needs to get to 175-180. Grade:D

Braxton: Where have you been all my life !!Another great game from him, But dammit if i see you fair catch another punt! Grade:A-

Cager: If you only had speed mane! He is a great 3rd down reciever to get the first down..nothing more. But he caught everything thrown his way. Grade:C

Homer: great run at the end of the game. Didnt get a chance to play much last night I was confused why. Grade: B

Defense

Norton: Best game of the year made a lot of plays today. We gonna need this Norton against my boys Grade: A

Darrion Owens: Actually played a lot better this game Still think he should lose about 10 pounds looks to have a little bit of a pop belly and runs a little heavy That might help him with his speed, Grade:B

Pinckney Phucking Beast. Grade:A+

#3: Didnt play as bad today. PArtially because he wasnt on the field as much. It felt like we were hiding him. WHich is good coaching. He only got beat once or twice and had some pass breakups. but lets not start sucking his dyck just yet. Grade:B

Shaq: Still amazed at his speed difference from last year.. Held Wr's on corssing routes to 3 yard gains. Made solid tackles anc I can remember any bad plays. Grade:B

Zach Mccloud: Over ran a few plays today and misread others. He has had better games. Grade:C

Chad: Made plays inside and outside. had a great game..keep playing like this and he gets drafted. Grade:A

J. Jackson: Dat Boy Good!.. Hes gonna win us a game this year with a strip sackreturn for a TD. He was pretty much unblockable all nightGrade:A

Tool box Trent:- He makes plays every game in limited snaps. We are deep at DE. Grade: A

Mike Jackson:- Is it me or did I see him more at safety more then corner?

Redwine:- He played good. We played him like a corner more then safety. He missed one tackle but made a lot of first down saving tackles. Grade:B

Maleek Young:- Played against Rahming Very well, Only thing he is missing is strength. Got beat once or twice but who doesnt made a lot of PB's If he turned around he would have had a pick or two. Grade:A-

Bandy:- I knoe he is a 4.5 4.6 guy but why does he look so explosive? Im glad he is getting more PT and Delaney less. Grade: B+

Dean:- came in and made plays..Hopefully at the end of the year he is playing more. Grade:A

Jennings: wAS out there banging heads,,especially on special teams..He looked fast was sometimes the first one down. Grade:A

Richt: Called a vanilla game plan 2nd half which might have been smart being on the road and the way pur defense was playing. Stifled Rosier a little bit but hey it was a win. Should have took Walton out. Grade:C

Diaz: flat out outcoached Cutcliff, its like we knew what they were doing.. Feels good to say that..Props for limiting Deaney snaps, Held offense without a TD! Grade: A

**** your semenholes

kan

Lol u right.... I left him out cause I like him and didn't want to dog him but man was he bad last night.. too small too slow he is off his game big time he played much but better last year as a backup

Cager caught everything thrown his way and gets a C? But Jennings and Dean get As?

Visions weak more than bleak

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back