Blame talent not coaching

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
Let me state before the majority of this board gets their panties in a bunch, I have no idea how Miami will be under Diaz. But I love how fans are torching him but fail to realize the talent is severely lacking this year.

As of now scouts have 1 player currently who could go as high as the 4th round DeeJay. The two linebackers are late day 3 picks. As far as the Juniors on this team. Garvin and Bandy are boarderline day 3 to undrafted right now. Jeff Thomas undrafted.

Why can’t Miami fans be patient. Are they really stuck in the early 2000’s. Did Richt give you false hope cause of a unicorn year filled with mass turnovers forced and lucky bounces. The majority of the talent we have are pups. They need time to get in a real strength and conditioning program. 6 months for the new guy wasn’t going to make a huge difference although some of the transformation are noticeable, give him another year.

Be a part of the solution and not the problem. Quit bi***ing and support the team and don’t hang on every single word someone makes. It’s petty. This was a rebuilding year no matter what way you slice it from the day we started Zion at left tackle. I’m excited for the future and next years team.

There is no excuse next year, plain and simple. Go Canes.

Advertisement
Do you think it’s that we lack talent... or that we lack development of proper placement. If you look at the players we have on our team... majority were highly ranked and dominating the high school ranks... even leading their teams to state championships. It’s hard to sell that Miami doesn’t have talent.

Let me state before the majority of this board gets their panties in a bunch, I have no idea how Miami will be under Diaz. But I love how fans are torching him but fail to realize the talent is severely lacking this year.

As of now scouts have 1 player currently who could go as high as the 4th round DeeJay. The two linebackers are late day 3 picks. As far as the Juniors on this team. Garvin and Bandy are boarderline day 3 to undrafted right now. Jeff Thomas undrafted.

Why can’t Miami fans be patient. Are they really stuck in the early 2000’s. Did Richt give you false hope cause of a unicorn year filled with mass turnovers forced and lucky bounces. The majority of the talent we have are pups. They need time to get in a real strength and conditioning program. 6 months for the new guy wasn’t going to make a huge difference although some of the transformation are noticeable, give him another year.

Be a part of the solution and not the problem. Quit bi***ing and support the team and don’t hang on every single word someone makes. It’s petty. This was a rebuilding year no matter what way you slice it from the day we started Zion at left tackle. I’m excited for the future and next years team.

Couldn't an argument be made that the talent out of High School was there (Blue Chip Ratio), but that these players haven't been developed? I am a CMD supporter, but he has had the defense for their entire career. If none of them have developed into high round draft picks it is at least partially because he and his defensive staff have not developed them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It can be both. There are gray areas in life. Miles of them. They just don’t exist on this site.
No gray areas in football, you are either winning or losing. And if you're not better at the end of the year than you were at the beginning of the year, it's a fail.

To date the ufag game has been the arguably best performance, so...

Advertisement
We all know you have to have the best talent to win a title.

We want to live up to our current talent level.

With our current talent level we are under performing. That is the complaint.

Bingo.

There are always, every **** year.....the same "but fail to realize the talent is severely lacking this year"

Does anybody think Central Michigan, VT and GT are crying in their soup for our severe lack of talent this year...especially since there are no words for their type of talent if we are "severely" lacking in talent?

Bottom line, we deserve better than newbie head coaches cutting their teeth here, but UM will not cough it up.

This team sadly was woefully unprepared or not properly motivated...whatever. Sure, it's on them too....but they can't do the coaching as well.

I'm rooting for Manny, but we took solid talent and went backwards in coaching experience. That is reality.

UM

Manny was stirring the pot all offseason. Acting like we had the talent to compete right away.

The narrative changed after the losses. It became a lack of talent to deflect from the lack of coaching.

You can believe what you want. I do not believe we lack talent to win the coastal.

Advertisement

Yeap. If that frigging HR department would just recruit better talent and the training & education division just do their jobs better then mabe the planning bureau could have better material to give to the coaches on game day. I am sure that is how Bama does it. Saban never touches or even sees a player until kickoff. Then and only then does he get involved in the process but only to the extent of suggesting a multiple choice menu of plays to the QB or MLB right before the each play with D always being"whatever you think will work".

We, the stupid fans, just don't realize that college HCs are merely doing non-salaried public service jobs in their spare time. They are not to be expected to be micromanagers who control every single facet of a team from uniform choice to food it eats and the toilet tissue used to dispose of the final product. Really, why do we insist on thinking HCs have any responsibility for the results? We all should know that it is all the players fault for falsifying their measurable, talents and skills on the volunteer application available to every 17 or18 year old in the country. How dare they!

To be fair OP is kind of right but we should still be 6-2 with decent coaching this year. BUT I watched the FSU game last year a few days ago and when you watch you notice how much losing guys like joe Jackson, Michael Jackson, jaquan, sheldrick, Willis, all of these guys are strides better than the guys that have filled in for them this year.

Advertisement
Back