Blake's Opening Salvo - Fire Jon

canesproponent

Sophomore
First thing that Blake needs to do is fire the QB coach. If Mark does not like it, then he can resign. That would be the first action I complete as the Athletic Director. UM cannot afford a $4M buyout at present, and this action conveys the severity of the situation to Mark

Advertisement
It sets the tone.

I would say: "additional changes are needed, and we can discuss these further at a later date, but the QBs regressed colossally during the past three years and Jon was unable to recruit a QB during 2018. All football "people" I conversed with said that this was the most pressing issue and should be dealt with immediately. I am letting you handle his dismissal and we can meet again to finalize all other changes. Thank you."

Advertisement
First thing that Blake needs to do is fire the QB coach. If Mark does not like it, then he can resign. That would be the first action I complete as the Athletic Director. UM cannot afford a $4M buyout at present, and this action conveys the severity of the situation to Mark
2929043.gif

OP

Do you know whether RICHt has full autonomy over his coaching staff?

No idea.

I have minimal insight into Athletics but am privy to future strategic initiatives and endeavors (football is not one of them.......................).

We grew up in Miami and know some current and former BOT members. All but 2 of them abhor UM Athletics. My brother played golf in Miami this morning with a former member of UM's BOT and the gentleman did not even know that Miami played a game yesterday. This same gentleman, however, has a building named after him near San Amaro.........................

Advertisement
Back