Blake James/Coach Richt

canesbaby

Sophomore
Premium
After what we've seen today at UT and UF, can we all agree and be thankful that the stars aligned in late 2015 allowing Blake to hire coach Richt? I know I'm counting my lucky stars today to be in our position as opposed to theirs.

Advertisement
I thank Jebus everyday that our AD had no plan and UGA fired Richt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Think of the state of college football coaching.

Florida hires a retread in Dan Mullen.
Tennessee hires a retread in Greg Schiano.
Texas A&M fires Sumlin, first name mentioned is Fisher. Without Winston Fisher’s resume is very average.
Arkansas and Arizona State fired their HC. Sumlin already mentioned for ASU. So, another retread. Nobody really cares about Arkansas.

At least UCLA swung for the fences replacing Mora Jr. with Chip Kelly. We’ll see how that works out but at least the Bruins went all in.

Other than Scott Frost are there another young HCs excelling at lesser program with potential? Matt Campbell has done well at Iowa State (two wins against top 10 teams) but it’s only been two seasons.

I know a few of you follow coaching closely.

Thoughts?

Texas A&M fires Sumlin, first name mentioned is Fisher. Without Winston Fisher’s resume is very average.
Arkansas and Arizona State fired their HC. Sumlin already mentioned for ASU. So, another retread. Nobody really cares about Arkansas.

At least UCLA swung for the fences replacing Mora Jr. with Chip Kelly. We’ll see how that works out but at least the Bruins went all in.

Other than Scott Frost are there another young HCs excelling at lesser program with potential? Matt Campbell has done well at Iowa State (two wins against top 10 teams) but it’s only been two seasons.

Thoughts?

How is Dan Mullen a retread? Hard to say Schiano is either. He actually made Rutgers a respectable program. Saying that I rather UF hire Muillen then Chip Kelly.

Thoughts?

How is Dan Mullen a retread? Hard to say Schiano is either. He actually made Rutgers a respectable program. Saying that I rather UF hire Muillen then Chip Kelly.

I define a retread as someone else’s head coach, one with limited accomplishments. Yes, Mullen and Schiano faired well under their circumstances. I would not be excited if I were a Gator or Vols fan. Would you?

Advertisement
It appears the Tennessee faithful are so against schianos alleged ties to Sandusky they are killing the hiring. Not a huge schiano fan but this doesn’t see fair.

Advertisement
Back