Blake James answering ?s on twitter Thursday

80s

Sophomore
At 12 pm just go to hurricanes sports twitter

Im asking him about a stadium at trop park & new unis with pants that stay above the knees

Black cleats too

Advertisement
can anyone tell me what was said?

RELATED LINKS
Follow Blake James on Twitter
Every Thursday, Interim Director of Athletics Blake James will host an #AskBlake Twitter Q&A. Below is a transcript of our first #AskBlake chat. Be sure join us for our next #AskBlake session Thu., Oct. 18, at 1:30 p.m. ET by tweeting your questions to @HurricaneSports and @CanesAllAccess.
#ASKBLAKE TWITTER Q&A TRANSCRIPT
Oct. 11, 2012

Eli S (@E29MIAMI): What are your plans to engage the community fans, community leaders?
Blake James (@CanesAllAccess): I am a believer in being out in the community with our fans. We started a Cane Caravan 2 yrs ago, look for continued expansion.

Harry C. (@harrycalat): I know you're getting thousands of "stadium" tweets. but srsly there are game-watches in Miami bars for HOME games
Blake: we have not [organized] local watch parties for home games as we want people at [Sun Life Stadium]. Great tix deals available at Hurricanesports.com.

Rick (@Bigcanesfan76): had a great time in Chicago. Looking forward to homestand and please open gates at FSU as early as possible
Blake: parking will open 6 hrs prior to game for all lots and premium tailgate will open 7 hrs prior.

Bill (@Bigduff14): in what ways will you get local non-grads to donate and get them more involved?
Blake: continued aggressive outreach to the community. Many of our current supporters are non alum. Need [continued] growth with both groups.

joe U (@JoeUCane): you have hit the ground running, Mr. James!
Blake: thanks, I only know one way. Appreciate your support. Go Canes!

Angel Camacho (@Tito305Sports): Please [open gates early] for VA Tech. I'm closing my company down that Thursday. Big group of us going. Reward the fans!
Blake: we will evaluate in the coming week. A great turnout this Sat will help in my decision. Go Canes!

Franz Solo (@FranzSolo): any chance we wear black bball jerseys again, even its just for a @UMStormSurge blackout game or something?
Blake: This year's uniforms are already in place. We'll continue to work on uniform stategies in the future. Go Canes.

No Limits 26 (@BrickByBrick_KS): will you look into the possibility of building a new stadium?
Blake: currently we r in a relationship with SLS, as with all aspects of our program we will continue to evaluate.

David Copperfield (@iLLDucE): Doing more 2 sell out the BUC? Reaching out 2 the Coral Gables community for donors? [in reference to a new stadium]
Blake: always reaching out to community for fans and donors. In an agreement with SLS.

Boe Hartwell (@luvtheU32): can u get @TheLAMARkable36 into the UM HOF. He had records b4 R. Wayne came in
Blake: assuming it is Lamar Thomas, I would be happy to suggest his name and accomplishments to the HOF [Committee]

Blake: Appreciate all the questions (sic) apologize to those I missed. Let's do it again next week. See everyone Sat for #BeatUNC Go Canes!

No Limits 26 (@BrickByBrick_KS): will you look into the possibility of building a new stadium?
Blake: currently we r in a relationship with SLS, as with all aspects of our program we will continue to evaluate.

FAP....?

Advertisement
^more like **** no. The guy stated he has to see what turnout is this weekend to determine if it's cost effective to open gates early for Virginia Tech. I predict that this guy will become our permanent AD. Not impressed.

^more like **** no. The guy stated he has to see what turnout is this weekend to determine if it's cost effective to open gates early for Virginia Tech. I predict that this guy will become our permanent AD. Not impressed.

couldnt disagree more. at least he is listening and trying by doing something at fsu. why commit to future things when you can say a good turnout will help. well it would.

I like the comment about how people are having watch parties for "home" games, ostensibly because JRS sucks so bad. James chose to spin that. But at least he's trying. More than Eichorst did.

Advertisement
Just the fact that he's providing a forum as a way to reach out to the community is a step up from the last *** clown.

Not convinces he's the permanent solution. But we could, and have, done much worse.

Advertisement
I worked with Blake in the Hurricane Club around 98-2001. Hes a straight up hardworker and I think he will be good for our programs. He was almost, too nice. I'm gonna try and get a job as Assistant AD.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back