BJ article about transfers. Good info.

Did any of you actually read what Jackson wrote? Other than the part about who MAY start at corner, there is nothing in that article which is different from anything we have been saying on CIS. That is not a bunch of fluff. The “staffer” did not pump up Dean or Gore, said Harrell is really fast, said Cohen and Lee will be very good and Mauigoa will start over Flagg.It all seemed very reasonable to me, not overly exciting or depressing. Just what the pre-season should be.

Advertisement
Did any of you actually read what Jackson wrote? Other than the part about who MAY start at corner, there is nothing in that article which is different from anything we have been saying on CIS. That is not a bunch of fluff. The “staffer” did not pump up Dean or Gore, said Harrell is really fast, said Cohen and Lee will be very good and Mauigoa will start over Flagg.It all seemed very reasonable to me, not overly exciting or depressing. Just what the pre-season should be.
Hey man, did you not read the terms and conditions when you signed up for an account here? If you had, you would have seen that part of the T&Cs is to bash Barry Jackson any time you come across one of his articles or tweets!

If Zion is still not healthy then he wont ever be.
I love how people actually believe this tripe about his body not being able to handle weight gain.

This is a UHellth butcher job and that's all there is to it. No offense intended to anyone here associated with UHellth.

Advertisement
Disappointing news regarding Zion as one poster has mentioned. Maybe it’s just me but it seems like of the 2nd wave of transfers are looking like depth players. Not a terrible thing to have because you have to believe Mario is relying on his evals/recruiting so by 2025, his guys will be 3rd year players.

Fall camp can’t get here soon enough

This was the eye-opener for me as well. I know this is all largely fluff, but if he really did start at boundary (I'm with you, I'd be absolutely jaw on the floor shocked it he did and I don't believe for a second he will), wow are we still bad at that position.
Sentences that start with "I know this is all largely fluff" are followed by a but, 99.99% of the time.

I love how people actually believe this tripe about his body not being able to handle weight gain.

This is a UHellth butcher job and that's all there is to it. No offense intended to anyone here associated with UHellth.
LOL. Butcher job and no offense in the same post is funny.

LOL. Butcher job and no offense in the same post is funny.
I just think its hogwash. If what they say is true and Zion's body can't handle the added weight, then why hasn't he lost several pounds to see if his body responds positively? Every photo of the guy in recent months has him looking enormous. When has anyone here ever heard of a trained athlete sustaining a serious knee injury, and then never returning to full health because their body won't support the injury healing because of too much weight? Do people really believe this?

b4bc1521-83ef-4d27-8bb4-c7322fb324d7_text.gif

Advertisement
I just think its hogwash. If what they say is true and Zion's body can't handle the added weight, then why hasn't he lost several pounds to see if his body responds positively? Every photo of the guy in recent months has him looking enormous. When has anyone here ever heard of a trained athlete sustaining a serious knee injury, and then never returning to full health because their body won't support the injury healing because of too much weight? Do people really believe this?

And yet it's true.

It's not just "the weight", it's the forces that he'll have to endure blocking big 300 pound linemen.

Like it or not, he did not heal properly earlier.

I buy most of it except for Fletcher, Allen, & Parrish being the top 3. I can't imagine if Don Chaney is healthy (I know I know) he won't be at the top of the rotation.
I feel the same but at the same time like you eluded too Chaney has been crushed by the injury bug and as a result the jury is still out on him.

And yet it's true.

It's not just "the weight", it's the forces that he'll have to endure blocking big 300 pound linemen.

Sounds like he ought to retire honestly. In 2023 we've got athletes returning in 6 months from a blown achilles but this kid's body can't support explosive movements 18 months after an injury? Just seems odd.

Advertisement
I think you'd have more luck trying to reason with an empty coffee cup...🤣🤣🤣

And yet it's true.

I get **** can happen when it comes to recovery, but this has happened so many times now, that if Mario/Dan aren't seriously looking into massively upgrading our athletes health treatment/recovery that would be a major problem. We have waaay too much invested in UHealth as a school to not have the best of the best when it comes to our athletes health. And I'm sure we use UHealth as a selling point to recruits parents...

Sounds like he ought to retire honestly. In 2023 we've got athletes returning in 6 months from a blown achilles but this kid's body can't support explosive movements 18 months after an injury? Just seems odd.

Odd? You realize not everyone recovers the same way, right? And he didn't have surgery 18 months ago.

You should be excited that the NCAA Football video game is coming back. All of your players will be able to recover from injuries on-time and you won't have to deal with the uncertainty and ugliness of real life.

Advertisement
I get **** can happen when it comes to recovery, but this has happened so many times now, that if Mario/Dan aren't seriously looking into massively upgrading our athletes health treatment/recovery that would be a major problem. We have waaay too much invested in UHealth as a school to not have the best of the best when it comes to our athletes health. And I'm sure we use UHealth as a selling point to recruits parents...

What do you think they are trying to do with the new 7-story building that some people think we shouldn't be building?

Yes, we need to make improvements in treatment and recovery. Zion's problems (generally) existed before Mario and Dan were hired.

I'm tired of people telling us about the problems that have existed before the last 18 months. I'm not saying all that **** didn't happen, but how are we supposed to put "the past" onto Dan and Mario who have been here for 18 months? All they can do is make the improvements and not let **** happen again, so can we just stop it with the "this has happened so many times now" stuff?

But, yes, I do agree with you on the need to link up with UHealth and have a much better system than we've had in the past.

Mopey Miami fans...

1688684041817.png

Last edited:
Staff blowing smoke about transfers to distract/try to minimize recent recruiting failures, particularly at positions where recruiting is particularly anemic like corner. This gem LOL…

Former Oklahoma cornerback Jaden Davis: One on-field staffer made Davis a slight front-runner for the other starting boundary job but said the competition will be intense. “Jaden is quick, extremely competitive, has good length.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article277008773.html#storylink=cpy

How many stupid pills did you take this morning, the whole bottle?

Can you provide specifics?

Oh, let me go ahead and answer that for you. You have no ******* idea what you’re talking about.

Advertisement
Back