Billy Gibson

BeastMode

Junior
I hope for his sake he has been working out cause Taggart is putting kids in the hospital with their off season training.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
The fact dat three Oregon players went to the hospital shows that the Oregon staff are a bunch of ill trained dumb f***s who don't know what da f*** they doing. Gibson done gone and f***ed up going to Oregon.

The fact dat three Oregon players went to the hospital shows that the Oregon staff are a bunch of ill trained dumb f***s who don't know what da f*** they doing. Gibson done gone and f***ed up going to Oregon.

I agree 100. Not sure why I'm getting down voted.

Advertisement

Bear Bryant and many of the old school coaching legends say hi.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with off-season workouts being hardcore. Were it game week, I would have a different opinion. Push peole to their limit and beyond, it's a staple of various training techniques around the world.

Bear Bryant and many of the old school coaching legends say hi.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with off-season workouts being hardcore. Were it game week, I would have a different opinion. Push peole to their limit and beyond, it's a staple of various training techniques around the world.

It's fine to push people to their limits but a true pro in the strength and conditioning world would never want to put his players in the hospital. Thats counterproductive and bad press. Oregon is loaded with money so I know they have technology to keep things like this from happening. Sounds like coach was trying to prove a point and it went too far.

Obviously some were pushed too hard, but just a few. Not everyone is built the same and if they're all required to do it as the article indicates, somewhat like the military does, some are obviously going to drop. Tough, but it'll pay dividends. When someone thinks they can't do something and their teammate is doing it next to them, they'll push through the pain. While physical, it's more of a mental thing.

Advertisement
If you are pushing someone hard enough to give them rhabdo, you are a ******* idiot that should lose your CSCS. That's a poor training protocol, and shows that as a coach you lack the ability to program workouts. There are a lot of exercises you can do that are mentally tough that don't do that ****.

You can't "push through" rhabdomyolosis unless you want to end up on a kidney dialysis machine, and apparently at least one of the players has been diagnosed with it. May as well try to push through a heat stroke, too.

This is not about toughness, it's about a serious medical condition and the the trainers fūcking up.

Wait, rhabdomyolysis? And some of you are talking about kids being weak, or the "pussification of America"? This is not a matter of the previous staff being bad or kids being overly out of shape. That **** can and will cause kidney damage/failure. Let's see how tough you morons are on a dialysis machine.

Do not be surprised if there are serious consequences for these incompetent jerkoffs over this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back