Billboard....

Stop with this non-sense. He's done nothing but put in a ton of work towards this.

I'll let him chime in with an official update but I'll give you guys a little something something as to what's going on. We had TWO contracts in place with TWO separate billboard companies who both green lit everything and then last minute backed out because management didn't like the gist of the message.

Apparently the same piece of ****, cowardly, ***-kissing, Hecht shill, Don Bailey Jr wannabes on this board who failed stopping the banner used the info we posted in this thread about our plans and alerted UM. UM then called in favors with these large billboard companies, who they do business with, and asked them not to put up the message.

Yeah, it's sad and ridiculous that the same administration that won't act in favor of the football program puts up that kind of effort to stop a message from loyal fans from going up...but that's the world we're living in.

Won't stop us though, we have something even better planned now but for obvious reasons can't show our hand in this thread anymore.
So you're saying they put the nix on this second one? I don't know what to think anymore but just need to get it done on the sneak tip and just start a new thread when it's up with pics

Advertisement
Image result for disappointed shaking head gif

So you're saying they put the nix on this second one? I don't know what to think anymore but just need to get it done on the sneak tip and just start a new thread when it's up with pics

That's exactly what I'm saying. They got wind of, and put a nix, ON BOTH.

Talk about cowardly ******** that won't focus their attention on what REALLY needs to be done. Tells you everything you need to know about the pieces of garbage currently employed in the Hecht

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop with this non-sense. He's done nothing but put in a ton of work towards this.

I'll let him chime in with an official update but I'll give you guys a little something something as to what's going on. We had TWO contracts in place with TWO separate billboard companies who both green lit everything and then last minute backed out because management didn't like the gist of the message.

Apparently the same piece of ****, cowardly, ***-kissing, Hecht shill, Don Bailey Jr wannabes on this board who failed stopping the banner used the info we posted in this thread about our plans and alerted UM. UM then called in favors with these large billboard companies, who they do business with, and asked them not to put up the message.

Yeah, it's sad and ridiculous that the same administration that won't act in favor of the football program puts up that kind of effort to stop a message from loyal fans from going up...but that's the world we're living in.

Won't stop us though, we have something even better planned now but for obvious reasons can't show our hand in this thread anymore.

Whatever you guys decide, don’t post it here. Work in stealth mode

Didn’t OP say they had a contract signed?

Backing out after signature would be a breach of contract?

Yes and I guess. I'm not a lawyer and didn't read the actual contract so you'll have to ask 305....but my guess is there's a clause in there that allows them to back out based on the message. You'd think they would have told us earlier in the process but those are the strings that get pulled last minute behind the scenes.

Whatever you guys decide, don’t post it here. Work in stealth mode

We're not. Consider it a surprise. We probably won't be able to give specifics until right before it's happening.

Just like their failed attempt to stop the banner ended up helping the timing.....it helped here as well as I think this new avenue is going to annoy them even more.

Advertisement
****!! Dude got me!! Never again will I donate, *******!!!
Don’t say that brother. Remember that I did you and everyone else who donated to the banner right. This place chalk full of Hecht saboteurs but things have a way of working themselves out at the perfect time when it’s meant to be, just like with the banner finally flying for the FIU game. @305_separatist is a good man and not a thief, and all I can share is there’s a lot of things going on behind the scenes with this billboard but it will go up at the perfect time and place just like the banner. Have faith brother.
4614C571-48E9-4830-826D-8C1C0F65E8DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Im not a lawyer, and I don’t know how to present this in a legal way, but I believe general counsel can void those contracts because of blowback, if the language is deemed too negative (there was pushback from UM). From what I understand there are two hurdles to clear: 1. Management (that piece was cleared and signed) and 2. Legal (final gate)

Yes and I guess. I'm not a lawyer and didn't read the actual contract so you'll have to ask 305....but my guess is there's a clause in there that allows them to back out based on the message. You'd think they would have told us earlier in the process but those are the strings that get pulled last minute behind the scenes.
This is exactly what happened

Advertisement

9 times out of 9, there's language that states if either party want out, they can. Also, there's a 3 day right to rescind.

Remember, you're calling out some very powerful people who can squash things like this with a phone call to a golf buddy. Who do you think the advertising company sides with, the guy with a one time $7k purchase or the regular advertiser who will tell all his friends to avoid you?

Think that's ridiculous? I've heard of a gunite company that kills competition by demanding to be first at the cement company and then telling its customers that if they chose other gunite companies, they'd no longer be a preferred customer and would get served after all the preferred customers. Long story short: they're the only game in town.

Advertisement
So this silence is their version of something going viral on the internet. Well played banner boys. Well played.

Go Canes!!!!!!
You cowardly Hecht center craven moles couldn’t stop the banner even though you tried and you won’t stop the billboard either. All you’ve done in your failed sabotage attempts is made it worse for yourselves! Lol when this billboard drops at the perfect time and perfect place just like the banner I’m gonna laugh my @ss off at all you Hecht troll moles. 😂 enjoy it when you see it sport! 👍
C567F680-5905-49A1-BAB0-02D4C1070D69.jpeg

My thing is, the whole thing was all about the language. That specific issue is what caused @305_separatist to seek this second company and engage in language clarification. He even posted conversations with them that clearly showed they knew of and approved the message. I guess if there was a grace period that allowed them to back out, it would make sense but they clearly understood it and approved the contract.
My other thing is, if UM was enough of a patron with them, why did they initially approve the message? If they aren't, why would they care?

Advertisement
Back