Off-Topic Bill Cosby

Advertisement
I know some women were caught lying, but Bill even said he did some of the chit he was accused for, but not all of it. (W/e that means).

Imma be honest; I don’t understand our legal system. I’m talking on some street level chit not on that debatable/analytical level. It’s inconsistent af.
Therein lies the problem. Money talks.

The Cosby Show GIF by TV Land Classic

Therein lies the problem. Money talks.
Other than the fact that Bill Cosby had the money to be able to fight, this had nothing to do with money. Bill Cosby is likely a rapist. He pretty much admitted it. The only reason he is a free man is because the state of PA royally f***ed this up. The only reason Cosby made the admissions he made in the civil case was because the State made a deal with him to not prosecute him. Then they turned around and did exactly what they agreed to not do.

If they are going to do that to someone like Bill Cosby, someone who has the resources to fight, imagine what they are willing to do to those less fortunate who do not have the resources to fight. While unfortunate that a likely guilty man is free, it is the correct decision. Any other decision would set a very dangerous precedent.

Other than the fact that Bill Cosby had the money to be able to fight, this had nothing to do with money. Bill Cosby is likely a rapist. He pretty much admitted it. The only reason he is a free man is because the state of PA royally f***ed this up. The only reason Cosby made the admissions he made in the civil case was because the State made a deal with him to not prosecute him. Then they turned around and did exactly what they agreed to not do.

If they are going to do that to someone like Bill Cosby, someone who has the resources to fight, imagine what they are willing to do to those less fortunate who do not have the resources to fight. While unfortunate that a likely guilty man is free, it is the correct decision. Any other decision would set a very dangerous precedent.
I was speaking to @Rellyrell's broader statement. It's what lets people like Epstein get off with a sweetheart work release and things like that. Obviously there are notorious high profile cases like Cosby and Martha Stewart, but those are just to keep the illusion that all is equal.

Advertisement

Imma keep it 100 w/ u cat; there’s tons of cases that should be thrown out due to lack of evidence, false testimonies, breached deals, tampered evidence, etc that thousands are convicted for, and held in prison despite. ****, u know how many cats did 30 yr stretches & at the end of their life they were pardoned, even though it was a bogus case from the jump?

Celebrity status ALWAYS factors in. Athletes, particularly football players, get the harshest of the judgements if any, but even then that’s far in between. Don’t be fooled in to thinking this justice system is blind w/ and impartial. Nah, champ….the legal system is about the have & have nots, as well. And those who r convicted are usually used as an example to give the mirage of impartiality.

Uhhhhhh, they already "set a very dangerous precedent" when they illegally tried Him and locked Him up for 3 years.

Imma keep it 100 w/ u cat; there’s tons of cases that should be thrown out due to lack of evidence, false testimonies, breached deals, tampered evidence, etc that thousands are convicted for, and held in prison despite. ****, u know how many cats did 30 yr stretches & at the end of their life they were pardoned, even though it was a bogus case from the jump?

Celebrity status ALWAYS factors in. Athletes, particularly football players, get the harshest of the judgements if any, but even then that’s far in between. Don’t be fooled in to thinking this justice system is blind w/ and impartial. Nah, champ….the legal system is about the have & have nots, as well. And those who r convicted are usually used as an example to give the mirage of impartiality.
I agree with you. There are many cases like Bill Cosby’s that should be thrown out and for many bull**** reasons, they are not. Many times the main reasons is bc the accused can’t afford to pay a decent lawyer to fight for him.

There are many prosecutors who have no business having a license to practice law. Prosecutors are supposed to seek “truth and justice.” The reality is many of them seek to win regardless of whether the person they are prosecuting is actually guilty. If someone is truly guilty, they should be able to prove it without cheating.

Bill Cosby didn’t get let go bc he is a celebrity though. He got let go for two primary reasons: he was able to afford good lawyers and he got lucky that his case was in front of a Judge or Judges that had the balls to actually do the right thing.

Advertisement
Man I’ve been watching prison videos..I don’t wish that **** on many ppl..and for old person all I can say is ****..for what Bill was doing he definitely deserved time

Prison system is so f@#ked man. You've got people spending way too much time in there for things like weed, people that should be in there like Cosby going free on technicalities, and abject clowns making money off it.

Land of the free with the highest incarceration rate in the world of the countries that report it truthfully.

Imma be honest; I don’t understand our legal system.

I'd love to explain it.

Police departments get funding based on convictions. If you don't have a ton of people committing crime in your precinct, then it stands to reason you don't need more money to police it. More money means new cars, new guns, and most importantly, job security and raises. So, police everywhere are trained to coerce confessions either under duress ("tell me what you did or you're going to jail") or leniency ("tell me what you did and I'll help you out"). Both are total and complete BS, as police officers don't press charges. A police officer can effectively arrest anyone for anything at any time. That doesn't mean charges ever get pressed. The extent to which that officer is held accountable for his/her misconduct is a different story.

On top of that, it's a system designed to subjugate the poor and/or uneducated. People who do not know their rights, grew up being wary of police, and can't afford good attorneys. Pretty much every defense attorney worth a **** is a former state prosecutor, so they know how the system works and are buddy-buddy with prosecutors.

Then you have the matter of accountability. Well, one, there are police unions for a reason. And even "good" cops are complicit in the system and turn a blind eye to things they know should not occur. Should they report unlawful behavior, who do they do it to? Oh... other cops. Great. Now they're a snitch.

Finally, when an officer actually does something wrong, and there's actually accountability, do you know who they work with all day long? State prosecutors. Any given police officer has probably sat in front of a local prosecutor dozens if not hundreds of times, going over the details of a case. They know the judges too.

So, someone gets sent to prison. Looking back to the beginning of the cycle, more crime means more tax money funneled to whatever area. If things are really bad in such and such county/state, it means they need more money for prison. Now you have private corporations involved, who are almost certainly lobbying and greasing palms of congressmen both at the state and federal level, so someone can make money off of imprisoning the masses. And why wouldn't you want a local prison? It brings construction jobs, security jobs, service jobs, etc. Effectively, it takes tax dollars and creates profit, just like building a **** or highway would. So, from an economic perspective, people being imprisoned can be viewed as beneficial (I'd strongly argue the opposite, but it's a little more subjective).

It's about money. It always is.

Moral of the story? Never, ever, ever admit anything to law enforcement. Never, ever, ever allow them to search you. Never, ever, ever open your front door without seeing a search warrant. And if you're the type who knows he's gonna f*ck up, have a good lawyer on speed dial.

Last edited:
I'd love to explain it.

Police departments get funding based on convictions. If you don't have a ton of people committing crime in your precinct, then it stands to reason you don't need more money to police it. More money means new cars, new guns, and most importantly, job security and raises. So, police everywhere are trained to coerce confessions either under duress ("tell me what you did or you're going to jail") or leniency ("tell me what you did and I'll help you out"). Both are total and complete BS, as police officers don't press charges. A police officer can effectively arrest anyone for anything at any time. That doesn't mean charges ever get pressed. The extent to which that officer is held accountable for his/her misconduct is a different story.

On top of that, it's a system designed to subjugate the poor and/or uneducated. People who do not know their rights, grew up being wary of police, and can't afford good attorneys. Pretty much every defense attorney worth a **** is a former state prosecutor, so they know how the system works and are buddy-buddy with prosecutors.

Then you have the matter of accountability. Well, one, there are police unions for a reason. And even "good" cops are complicit in the system and turn a blind eye to things they know should not occur. Should they report unlawful behavior, who do they do it to? Oh... other cops. Great. Now they're a snitch.

Finally, when an officer actually does something wrong, and there's actually accountability, do you know who they work with all day long? State prosecutors. Any given police officer has probably sat in front of a local prosecutor dozens if not hundreds of times, going over the details of a case. They know the judges too.

So, someone gets sent to prison. Looking back to the beginning of the cycle, more crime means more tax money funneled to whatever area. If things are really bad in such and such county/state, it means they need more money for prison. Now you have private corporations involved, who are almost certainly lobbying and greasing palms of congressmen both at the state and federal level, so someone can make money off of imprisoning the masses. And why wouldn't you want a local prison? It brings construction jobs, security jobs, service jobs, etc. Effectively, it takes tax dollars and creates profit, just like building a **** or highway would. So, from an economic perspective, people being imprisoned can be viewed as beneficial (I'd strongly argue the opposite, but it's a little more subjective).

It's about money. It always is.

Moral of the story? Never, ever, ever admit anything to law enforcement. Never, ever, ever allow them to search you. Never, ever, ever open your front door without seeing a search warrant. And if you're the type who knows he's gonna f*ck up, have a good lawyer on speed dial.

Well done, & spot on.

And if anyone don’t agree w/ this, I have two frats who are in law enforcement, one local, one federal. The one that’s local was just on a black podcast explaining this exact point.

Advertisement
Well done, & spot on.

And if anyone don’t agree w/ this, I have two frats who are in law enforcement, one local, one federal. The one that’s local was just on a black podcast explaining this exact point.

When I was 13 I was interrogated in a broom closet without an attorney or parent present.

F@#K THE POLICE

Prison system is so f@#ked man. You've got people spending way too much time in there for things like weed, people that should be in there like Cosby going free on technicalities, and abject clowns making money off it.

Land of the free with the highest incarceration rate in the world of the countries that report it truthfully.

Precisely.

The whole conduct of prosecutors should be the focus. They routinely overcharge poor defendants who ”take the deal” because they don’t have Cosby’s resources. Whether people like it or not, Castor exposed the ugly underbelly of criminal law in this Country. It’s basically a flea market with folks arguing over the price of freedom. Every Judge and prosecutor knows they couldn’t try 1/10th of the cases on their docket, if they tried to, the system would collapse. Why are so many poor people being charged with so much non-violent offenses? It’s time to overhaul the entire rotten system, and not focus on one person or one case. The system is foul and that is the true injustice. But I digress.

Last edited:
Also, everyone wants a new law to address this or that issue. Meanwhile, there are laws on the books that apply and aren't enforced. Prosecutors have to close cases and would rather try all the easy ones than spend months on the hard ones. That's part of the reason why drug crime convictions are more prevalent. It's a quick win for the prosecutor. That applies all the way up to the federal level.

Advertisement
Precisely.

The whole conduct of prosecutors should be the focus. They routinely overcharge poor defendants who ”take the deal” because they don’t have Cosby’s resources.

This is a great point and possibly the biggest flaw in the system. I've always made the business analogy that you prioritize "money on the floor." It's always there, it's always easy to get, so you should just pick it up.

Imagine if Jeff Bezos was charged with the same things as Cosby, but with more proof.

It would take a miracle of the Justice Department to convict him.

Also, everyone wants a new law to address this or that issue. Meanwhile, there are laws on the books that apply and aren't enforced. Prosecutors have to close cases and would rather try all the easy ones than spend months on the hard ones. That's part of the reason why drug crime convictions are more prevalent. It's a quick win for the prosecutor. That applies all the way up to the federal level.

Which makes an extremely solid argument for the personal objectives of prosecutors in juxtaposition to the way the law should be effectuated.

Which makes an extremely solid argument for the personal objectives of prosecutors in juxtaposition to the way the law should be effectuated.
That goes to their management. You can't set a quota and expect them to take on a month long case when they can prosecute a few dozen smaller crimes.

That goes to their management. You can't set a quota and expect them to take on a month long case when they can prosecute a few dozen smaller crimes.

I was engaged in a discussion very similar to this recently.

Is there literally any proper oversight for police conduct on a state-by-state basis?

I think cases just to go the FBI.

Advertisement
Back