Bill Connelly's 2017 Miami Hurricanes preview

TI_Inspire

Recruit
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...florida-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster

For those who are unaware, Bill Connelly is a sports nerd with a passion for college football, writing previews that are heavy on analytics for every FBS program.

This preview is no exception.

While I can't say that this preview provides much new intel for those of us who have been following the team quite closely, the analysis is solid and detailed, making it well worth your time.

Advertisement
8 straight is not happening. I don't if we have to send goons in to just break Francis leg. We ain't losing

Everything rests on Perry and on the Oline. We got the defense and skill players, hopefully Perry can play above his grade (true freshman) if he's the starter

Advertisement
I think its more about our OL than it is the QB.
I think we will obviously get stupid mistakes at QB, but if Our OL plays like a top 5 ACC unit, no way we don't win just about every game.

Advertisement
Great find, OP. If we don't capture the Coastal and win at least 10 games, then this season is an utter failure.

If you listen to the PAPN podcast you know Connelly low key loves our team. He's just spooked by a frosh QB. Their new podcast talking about us will probably drop in a few hours.

We don't need our QB to be great.

We need right reads and to minimize mistakes from that position. If we get that, we win the Coarstal going away, and do no less than around 10-2 during the regular season.

If we get a lot of inconsistency, mistakes, and sub-par QB play, we lose at least 3, probably more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back