Biggest waste of a draft pick

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Nick O'Leary

Actually surprised someone would spend a draft pick on him. Then again it's Buffalo.

If you look up the definition of stiff you'll see a picture of him. I'm not even sure if the guy could lift his arms over his head. I'm not sure what was more funny- the fact that he was a 5 star or the comparisons to Dallas Clark (which were based solely on one factor.)

Tough to make it in the NFL when you're as slow as a guard and have tree stump arms.

Advertisement
2015 Mackey Award Winner in college
7th TE drafted in the NFL Draft

PLAYERPOSHTWTCOLLEGEPICKTEAMGRADE
proxy.php
WATCH
Williams, MaxxTE6'4"249MinnesotaPick 23, Round 2 (55)Ravens5.6
Walford, CliveTE6'4"251MiamiPick 4, Round 3 (68)Raiders5.5
Heuerman, JeffTE6'5"254Ohio St.Pick 28, Round 3 (92)Broncos5.3
Kroft, TylerTE6'5"246RutgersPick 21, Round 3 (85)Bengals5.3
Bell, BlakeTE6'6"252OklahomaPick 18, Round 4 (117)49ers5.3
O'Shaughnessy, JamesTE6'4"245Illinois St.Pick 37, Round 5 (173)Chiefs5.3
O'Leary, NickTE6'3"252Florida St.Pick 18, Round 6 (194)Bills5.3

Advertisement
Buffalo appears to be building a mini FSU up North.

Bradham
Manual
Sanborn
Darby
Williams
O Leary

Also, with exception to their last pick, every pick they had was from the ACC.

Had it been an early round pick. I could see it being a waste, but a 6th round pick is no better than a free agent.

Now if you had said Melvin Gordon. Then you would have a case.

Advertisement
I dont think it was a waste at 6th round. he may not be a great TE but he is a hard nosed football player you can put at FB or an extra blocker. now Karlos Williams and Ronald Darby was a waste.

Advertisement
I dont think it was a waste at 6th round. he may not be a great TE but he is a hard nosed football player you can put at FB or an extra blocker. now Karlos Williams and Ronald Darby was a waste.

Fountain...

I like you're thinking but IMO, the issue with O'Leary is that he is a kid who grew up always being the king ****...with his background and always being the "golden Boy" who got everything he wanted. Then at FSU he gets to be a feature guy and still stay on top of the world.
Now you're asking a kid who never had to fight for anything in his life to be a special teamer/fb?
I'm just wondering how much this kid really cares about football when he knows he still has that easy life waiting for him. I just don't see it.

They were both good in college, I'd happily have either on my collegiate team. NO seemed to have the better hands, but CW brings more to the table and projects better at the next level.

Dorsey was a pretty good college player and won some awards. I can't help but wonder if other message board fans jeered when he wasn't drafted. What's the point? One can be good in college and getting drafted or not doesn't change that.

I hate to defend a nole, but all he did was deliver in college. T-Rex arms and average speed, but he made plays, wouldn't surprise me if he made it. Too many people get caught up in measurables when some guys are just football players.

Advertisement
Biggest Bust will be Arik Armstead from Oregon to the 49ers. that guy motor sucks and he was getting dominated in the National Championship game. he is 6'7 and only has 3 career sacks?

He might not be a perennial Pro-Bowl TE but he should have a nice career in the NFL & is easily worth a 6th round pick.

Stop hating.

Advertisement
Back