Biggest surprises so far

Advertisement
I came into the season thinking very very highly of Brevin...and he has exceeded. He is supremely talented and playing better than I thought he could. Kid is an absolute beast.

Same exact write up regarding Bolden. I thought the world of him last year and he has played better than I ever expected.

If you're an NFL scout, these 2 should be very high on your draft board.

How much better this years O-line is. I knew the new offence was going to be good, but we were not going to play beyond how good our o line was. This group and how much they have improved from last year is the biggest thing for me!

Advertisement
For me it’s actually situational I now fully expect on third or fourth down for us to pick it up. We were eight for 10 on third down in the first half versus FSU, on the two we didn’t pick up we picked up on fourth down… I never would’ve believed that from Miami.

the Camhborghini has become a standout college RB, and I love that he is now being utilized out of the backfield in the pass game. I saw footage of him in high school camps where he was really adept at the wheel route and showed natural hands. I'm still waiting for that play to be called for him. Also his pass pro is Soldinger-worthy..

Advertisement
Idk why so many are surprised by Killa Cam, he's gotten busy since he's been here, he's been a homerun hitter, he had a few of them called back but the ability has always been there. Go back to 2018 his TF season when he busted one for 42yds vs Va Tech, he's a good gamebreaker back, idk why people were always trying to discredit him so hard.

I also remember when a bunch of people swore it was gonna take Don Chaney 5 years to transition from running the Wing-T in HS to being in a college offense lol, I ****** told yall that boy was gonna be pure dawg, he's an athletic freak, has high football IQ & simply has excellent genes. You never doubt a kid like that, his combination of size, speed & power made him a perfect ready to go back as TF, he was **** near a grown man in 8th grade, there was no way he was gonna struggle in college.

I'm not surprised by the offense, I knew it was going to be on fire, I made threads screaming from the mountain top we were about light it up, I spent the whole offseason trying to get people to stop moping & crying because of what was on the Horizon with Lashlee & King.

The main one I'm surprised by is McCloud. I had very low expectations & I didn't think he would be a starter all year, I figured he would eventually get passed up, which was stupid of me to think because the Defensive staff will always play upperclassmen Seniority lol. But I thought he was basically a below average LB coming into this season & after the UAB game he's played better the last 2 games.

And I'll say I'm surprised that Steed was able to finally get healthy & is playing a regular amount of snaps. I honestly thought his career was gonna be over, his knees had based been shredded since he got out of HS & he essentially missed 2 straight years to ACL tears, that's an extremely difficult thing to overcome but that kid is tough & resilient as ****. I loved him coming out of HS & had high hopes for him, thought he played a lot like Spence, he just got saddled with so many injuries. Glad he's back & contributing.

Man some odd ducks on here. How on earth did people not know we would have the best trio of backs in the land . THAT was the one thing I didn't worry about. Cam has shown such flashes of elite talent his first 2 years I knew he would be an ALL ACC type at worst this season. And the 2 freshmen are both future 1st or 2nd rounders . Cam IMO is a 2nd rounder this season. But that has been what i expected. I am surprised our Offense is this good this fast. Knew our D would be really good and King would be a heisman worthy but man I didn't think we'd be scoring like this so early.

Idk why so many are surprised by Killa Cam, he's gotten busy since he's been here, he's been a homerun hitter, he had a few of them called back but the ability has always been there. Go back to 2018 his TF season when he busted one for 42yds vs Va Tech, he's a good gamebreaker back, idk why people were always trying to discredit him so hard.

I also remember when a bunch of people swore it was gonna take Don Chaney 5 years to transition from running the Wing-T in HS to being in a college offense lol, I ****** told yall that boy was gonna be pure dawg, he's an athletic freak, has high football IQ & simply has excellent genes. You never doubt a kid like that, his combination of size, speed & power made him a perfect ready to go back as TF, he was **** near a grown man in 8th grade, there was no way he was gonna struggle in college.

I'm not surprised by the offense, I knew it was going to be on fire, I made threads screaming from the mountain top we were about light it up, I spent the whole offseason trying to get people to stop moping & crying because of what was on the Horizon with Lashlee & King.

The main one I'm surprised by is McCloud. I had very low expectations & I didn't think he would be a starter all year, I figured he would eventually get passed up, which was stupid of me to think because the Defensive staff will always play upperclassmen Seniority lol. But I thought he was basically a below average LB coming into this season & after the UAB game he's played better the last 2 games.

And I'll say I'm surprised that Steed was able to finally get healthy & is playing a regular amount of snaps. I honestly thought his career was gonna be over, his knees had based been shredded since he got out of HS & he essentially missed 2 straight years to ACL tears, that's an extremely difficult thing to overcome but that kid is tough & resilient as ****. I loved him coming out of HS & had high hopes for him, thought he played a lot like Spence, he just got saddled with so many injuries. Glad he's back & contributing.
Steed has been a great story.

Advertisement

Gotta give you your props on calling JHH preseason as being the starting DT next year over Jordan Miller. I thought you had drank too many Remy and RedBulls with that take! JHH and Nesta sounds like a **** good tandem with Miller and LTaylor backing them up.

Hes been so good its hard to tell if Miller and Ford have regressed that much or if JHH is really that good. Miller and Ford have been nonexistant so far.

Advertisement
Back