Biggest Surprise this Season?

dukemv

Sophomore
Miami or non-Miami related in CF this season

My top 3 have to be
1) Arizona (solid team that should be top 20)
2) Bain (not enough good words can said about this guy's heart and performance this year)
3) Alabama's O-line

I think if LSU beats Bama next week and ends up in the conference championship, that may be up there, too. A&M has Ole Miss and LSU coming up. They should take one of those. SEC West turning into the ACC where everybody beats everybody else.

As an objective fan, the season thus far has been really entertaining

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shout-out Jedd Fisch at Arizona. Doing a **** of a job there.

Bain for Miami standards, he’s the TF best pass rusher I’ve seen in a Miami uniform ever (my father says Rusty Madaris, can’t argue because I never saw him play).

Advertisement
I’ll go Miami specific first:
Reuben Bain being as good as he’s been
How solid we are on defense
James Williams turning into a dam football player who blitzes , tackles in the open field, etc.

Now college football as a whole:
How ordinary Bama looks. Still very good tho
How bad usc is
How good Duke is and how bad Clemson is

1. Our Physicality and Mental Toughness
2. How bad Clemson is
2. Louisville - they have an easy schedule but they very well may be as hard of an out for us as FSU
Clemson is not that bad !

They had FSU beat but for a missed chip shot FG that would have clinched it in the final seconds.
They could have beaten us if you take that Shipely goal-line fumble play back
They outgained NCSt 374 to 202 ,held them to 9 first downs and would probably be favored by 10 if they played again next week.

Advertisement

They had FSU beat but for a missed chip shot FG that would have clinched it in the final seconds.
They outgained NCSt 374 to 202 ,held them to 9 first downs and would probably be favored by 10 if they played again next week.

Nah, they ******* suck and it’s great.

they were a top 2-3 team for the last decade, they are 4-4. I agree they can be a solid team any given Saturday and not bad comparatively to others, but they are bad compared to what they have been for so long

finding a way to lose 4 times and still claiming to be better than your record is hard. they are proving to be an average team

Advertisement
they were a top 2-3 team for the last decade, they are 4-4. I agree they can be a solid team any given Saturday and not bad comparatively to others, but they are bad compared to what they have been for so long

finding a way to lose 4 times and still claiming to be better than your record is hard. they are proving to be an average team
I mean they did find a way to lose all those games. Some unbelievable turnovers
Their qb sucks though

I remember 1999 when we were 2-3 and still ranked in the top 25. It happens. Sometimes good teams lose close battles against other good teams.

Advertisement
Parity. Other than UGA - and they’re not as dominant as they have been - really not as many teams that have separated themselves.
Pate harps on Clemson not using transfer portal and how that's partially contributing to their performance. I think it'll be hard to catch UGA for at least another year or 2, because they still have the capacity to turn it on. But, the top tier is definitely getting smaller, which is nice to see.

Advertisement
Back