Biggest stat of the night

Advertisement
My biggest stat of the night: 52

9611b88f4ea372497f1f473b44c29e2c.gif

Advertisement
Zero sacks. I know FSU basically has 4 turds up front for D linemen, but what a turnaround a year makes. Pass pro was excellent tonight and basically kept the pocket clean for the entire game. 48 drop backs, 0 sacks, 0 QB hurries according the the ESPN box score.
Wrong, Marvin Wilson is the consensus number one DT in the country. So actually they did better than that. Props to the line and team, you are 100% right.

Semper Canes!!!

Said it during the game. The offensive line play has been the most shocking transformation I've ever seen from a Canes unit.

Watching King get to stand untouched in the pocket while going through progressions over and over was pretty stunning. Last season that literally never happened.

Everyone knew to a certain extent that the addition of Lash and King would produce great results. But what Justice could do with those guys, especially Zion, was the biggest question mark on this team.

Man has he answered that question. Hats off to him.

Advertisement
PLENTY to be excited about. Enjoy the **** out of this one. I know I did, am, and will. Forever.

HOWEVER, if we’re making the same thread after the Clemson game, then we’ve really got something special. But so far so **** good.

Agreed, the Justice hire and the Lashlee hire have complimented each other like peanut butter and jelly. And the Likens hire is the glass of ice cold milk. Thanks for leaving Stubblefart. Need to get Harley some Venus Flytrap gloves.

Last edited:
Prefer the proficiency on third and fourth down as biggest stats, but this isn't far behind. The line is looking MUCH better and that is encouraging early in the season.
The third and fourth down proficiency is huge, no doubt. Don’t think we accomplish that without excellent Oline play tho. It’s tough having so many things to be happy about.

Advertisement
The third and fourth down proficiency is huge, no doubt. Don’t think we accomplish that without excellent Oline play tho. It’s tough having so many things to be happy about.

I'm still holding out reservations on OL play being "excellent." Forget about the talent on FSU's DL... they were beat before we hit the field.

Yes, protection has been generally good (it also helps to have Houdini at QB), but until I see us consistently converting tough yardage against quality opponents, I'm not convinced.

OL has just been sooo, so bad for so long, especially last year. It's really hard to imagine the same cast of characters can have a complete turnaround.

Said it during the game. The offensive line play has been the most shocking transformation I've ever seen from a Canes unit.

Watching King get to stand untouched in the pocket while going through progressions over and over was pretty stunning. Last season that literally never happened.

Everyone knew to a certain extent that the addition of Lash and King would produce great results. But what Justice could do with those guys, especially Zion, was the biggest question mark on this team.

Man has he answered that question. Hats off to him.
I mean he's an actual OL Coach, unlike the last guy.

Advertisement
Zion was a pleasant surprise for me. Clark got manhandled a couple of times, but the OL overall was very good. I thought Scaife would be All ACC at RG, but he hasn’t been quite that good yet. RT Williams and Gainer could be All ACC right now, with Williams as our best OL so far

Zero sacks. I know FSU basically has 4 turds up front for D linemen, but what a turnaround a year makes. Pass pro was excellent tonight and basically kept the pocket clean for the entire game. 48 drop backs, 0 sacks, 0 QB hurries according the the ESPN box score.
Remember, before the game FSU had the best pass rush we were supposed to face. We dominated them so now they are trash. Maybe we made them look like garbage.

Advertisement
Back