Biggest Def Play of the Night

tsimonitis

Senior
Premium
Jenkins tackle on the quick throw to Switzter on 3 and 3 with about ten minutes left in the game.

Advertisement
McCord's sack with 4 minutes left to get the ball back was also uge

Advertisement
In a game like this Im sure we can find about a half dozen plays that would have cost us the game if those plays arent made. Agreed with the OP on his choice of play but...

For me, the obvious one is Artie Burns blocked field goal followed by the scoop and score. That was a 10 point swing when UNC had all of the momentum.

3rd and 2 run by Crawford with :48 to go. Trucked #26. DID NOT WANT GOUDIS to decide this game.

In a game like this Im sure we can find about a half dozen plays that would have cost us the game if those plays arent made. Agreed with the OP on his choice of play but...

For me, the obvious one is Artie Burns blocked field goal followed by the scoop and score. That was a 10 point swing when UNC had all of the momentum.

FG Block for the TD. On a day where our offense couldn't move the ball in the air, that was great.

Advertisement
Howards 2nd int because of when he got it and where he got. Biggest play of the game not looking at time left in the game was the FG block returned for a TD

Is Switzer related to Barry? Like his grandson? If so, we didn't hit him hard enough last night.

The Jenkins tackle was huge. I was having flashbacks to playing Maryland in 2011. There were like 8 successful WR screens in a row where they got big yardage on each. We weren't doing crap to stop them scheme-wise until Jenkins stop. UNC kept out leveraging us on those plays.

Advertisement

Like you said in a game with many plays, the BIGGEST was last play by Cornelius. That kid had both hands on the ball with a feet in bounds with half our defense out of bounds like some NCAA 14 glitch. If he makes that catch, that is a bigger heartbreak than UVA last year and Dorito would never live it down, no matter how many excuses Golden would make for him at the podium, I dont think I would ever trust a dorito prevent 3 down lineman ever again.

When Unc had third and inches and got a delay of game at midfield . That was the biggest defensive play and it was by their O. Thanks Unc .

Advertisement
Those quick screens were KILLING us all game

I also have to think the biggest sequence of events were unc greeting that delay on 3 and 1. And then getting a false start

McCord s sack was big on that next play

That booming punt by O'Donnell late in the 4th, from his own end zone that drove the return man backwards and made him fair catch at the 40.

Unnoticed big play: Artie Burns came up on 2nd and 6 with 6 min left and drilled their scrambling QB Marquise Williams to make it 3rd and 1 (it looked like he was easily going to get the 1st down until Artie stuck him), and then UNC got all out of whack with a delay of game and false start. --- then Tyriq sacked Renner on 3rd and long, etc.

Advertisement
Back