Biggest coaching blunder in football history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
EVERY coach should know you get a first down under 2 minutes, GAME OVER.. If its 2 minutes and change, extend the knee, or run around.. 3 40 sec sequences is 2 minutes.. This **** is not even rocket science, you dont need anyone to raid or count for you, this should be HC 101 type ****..

And they called a TIMEOUT, so there was plenty of time to discuss strategy.

I'm hurt, dawg.

2 other situations are similar for nominees.

A) All the Giants had to do was take a knee in 1979 vs the Eagles in the Medowlands. They ran a play, fumbled and the Eagles returned it for a TD to win the game.

B) Detroit Lions in overtime choose not to take the ball in OT. This was when the first team to score won. The other team got the kickoff and scored a td to end the game.

In both instances, coaches were fired.

Our blunder tonight has to be up there. Plus when you think that GT had to score - it really was 1,000,000 to 1.

We lost after Gamecast had us 99.9% chance to win. I have never seen that.

Congratulations Canes. You defied logic again.

Advertisement
“Let’s not pull a Mario…lets take the knee!”

A euphemism was born today and it will be used on football fields across the fruited plain.

I had actually just breathed a sigh of relief when I realized we just had to kneel and that we'd actually won the exact type of game we always lose. FML
same. and then i wondered why risk taking a knee out of shotgun, but if that’s how they practice it then whatever. then i wondered if there was a chance we’d get herm edwards’d, because we’d definitely deserve it if we did anything but kneel. and now here we are.

Advertisement
I've watched football for over 40 years. Haven't seen anything as dumb as tonight. The whole game itself to begin with was bad but not kneeling and then Kam just giving them a TD is a whole new level of stupidity.

I saw a ND line up with 9 or 10 and without DL two weeks ago on a goa line stand with the game on the line in the OSU/ND game. That was bad.
Earlier today, in a similar situation, Alabama threw an incomplete pass on 1st down instead of running.
Bama ran instead of kneeing as well pretty sure

I've been watching football for over 30 years, and nothing comes to mind.

Has a coach screwed up a game worse than this? This is worse than a Hail Mary or a multiple-lateral play or a bad call from the refs.
The giants made this mistake and hern edwards returned the fumble in 1 play. My dad still talks about it

Richt Onside kick in 2018 was pretty bad too, at least IMO.

But what makes this one so egregious is the game was quite literally over.

Very very bizarre situation here.

Advertisement
Here is end game sequence.. We run the ball multiple times after GT final timeout and under 2 minutes after first down.. GAME IS OVER.. You can MILK CLOCK WITH KNEE

Oh my god this is far, far worse than I imagined. Really wish I hadn’t seen that.

Every day I get closer to @Lance Roffers prediction that we never win one again.

Yes.
Absolutely, without question.
I don’t think there is even a close second. I’ve never seen anything as stupid and incompetent in all my years of watching sports.

I’ve played and watched sports since I can remember.
I thought I’d seen it all. Pik six for wins, hailmarys kick returns, blocked kicks, fumble scoop and scores, hook and later for the win.
Never, ever have I seen anything like this before.

I honestly don’t think there is a coach in the entire nation, including peewee, hs, college or Pros who would have made the same decision Mario made tonight.

I have been a Mario supporter from the day he was hired until tonight. His performance was so egregious, I’ve lost all, ALL confidence in him as a coach.

This program is being led by a moron who can’t tell time.

This is not going to end well. No matter how much passion and hard work someone puts, there is no getting over this kinda stupidity.

The vikings game a few weeks ago is def up there imo. Dude went for it on 4th, deep in his own territory instead of punting in the final moments of the game. They were lucky the Vikings are a bad team.
Not at all the same. If he punts the Vikings have more than 2 min left to score

Advertisement
I have never seen anything like this, like i see people saying worst choke in Miami history i think its one of the worst chokes ever no matter the team or sport

Over the years, there have certainly been some memorable mishaps, but it's all part of the unpredictability and drama that makes football so captivating. Personally, I can't think of one specific instance that stands out above all others.
Breh....
Slapping GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back