Biggest areas of concern tomorrow

canes41590

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Stopping the run. Scaife/Williams against will Anderson (yikes). Can we get a pass rush?

Go canes!

Advertisement
College Football Happy Dance GIF by SEC Network

Punter. We have not been able to recover from the Feagles transfer.

We have a true freshman kicker, in his first game, playing against Bama in a dome. That would be near the top of my list.

Advertisement
If Robinson, Sanders, and McClellan starts to pound the ground… it’s gonna be a really long night. Like 52 to 10 type of long night. We just gotta make Bryce beat us. I hope Manny knows what he’s doing because I don’t want to say it but…

1. Turnovers. Manny must create **** for Bryce Young and Miami must protect the football.

2. At least be above 40% on third down conversions

3. Must be disciplined. No penalties. I know we won't go the whole game without being penalized, but I'm talking about stupid penalties like targeting, offsides on 3rd and short, ineligible receiver downfield on a long screen pass. Crap like that.

4. King. He has to be the best player on the field. Has to be.

My biggest concerns are .....

#1)Offensive Line..... Not because I think they are a bad unit but because of how absolutely crucial their performance will be to the outcome of this game and if they are good enough to take care of business against a squad of Alabama's caliber.

#2) The Front Seven. Specifically Defensive End and Linebacker. Im concerned about our ability to set the edge and stop their rushing attack. Can we get pressure on Young with our front 4?

Advertisement
My biggest area of concern is by far the trenches. Athletically I think we can keep it close but physically Bama will punch you on both sides of the ball and see how long you can last. Most teams are done offer the firdt hit but we need to stay up for 4 quarters to have any chance to win

My biggest concerns are .....

#1)Offensive Line..... Not because I think they are a bad unit but because of how absolutely crucial their performance will be to the outcome of this game and if they are good enough to take care of business against a squad of Alabama's caliber.

#2) The Front Seven. Specifically Defensive End and Linebacker. Im concerned about our ability to set the edge and stop their rushing attack. Can we get pressure on Young with our front 4?
Explain for me what "good enough is". We know they will more than likely give up a sack against Bama's front seven. So, flesh this out for me what you think is "good enough". Thanks in advance, bro.

Explain for me what "good enough is". We know they will more than likely give up a sack against Bama's front seven. So, flesh this out for me what you think is "good enough". Thanks in advance, bro.
Good enough to do their jobs at a level that will allow our offense to function. A couple of sacks is to be expected. However falling apart and giving up 5 plus sacks and not being able to get any push or open up holes in the run game is what I would call not good enough. Once again good enough is if we can play at the level required to allow our offense to function. Can they give King enough time to pick out his receiver on a consistent basis. Is that better?

Honestly Im not sure if your question is an honest one or if you just wanted to give me a hard time. Either way I answered your question.

Advertisement
Good enough to do their jobs at a level that will allow our offense to function. A couple of sacks is to be expected. However falling apart and giving up 5 plus sacks and not being able to get any push or open up holes in the run game is what I would call not good enough. Once again good enough is if we can play at the level required to allow our offense to function. Can they give King enough time to pick out his receiver on a consistent basis. Is that better?

Honestly Im not sure if your question is an honest one or if you just wanted to give me a hard time. Either way I answered your question.
No, I was being sincere. I mentioned earlier in my post that a key to the game for us is to not commit penalties, but then I qualified that by saying, I know we will probably commit some penalties, but we can't have the devastating penalties like offsides on 3rd and short (that kind of stuff). When you said "good enough", I wanted to know what you meant by that and what you would consider be "good enough" to beat Bama. And I agree with you. We will more than likely give up sacks but if it's anything like the UF opener two years ago, when Jarrin was violated on every drop back, we're doomed.

No, I was being sincere. I mentioned earlier in my post that a key to the game for us is to not commit penalties, but then I qualified that by saying, I know we will probably commit some penalties, but we can't have the devastating penalties like offsides on 3rd and short (that kind of stuff). When you said "good enough", I wanted to know what you meant by that and what you would consider be "good enough" to beat Bama. And I agree with you. We will more than likely give up sacks but if it's anything like the UF opener two years ago, when Jarrin was violated on every drop back, we're doomed.
Yes I agree. If they get to King like UF got to JW then were screwed. With the experience and coaching this line has gained and received the last 2 years I sincerely doubt that we get a repeat of UF 2019 by our OL. They will be better than that no doubt but how much better is the Million Dollar Question.

After all these years of pathetic OL performance and dropped balls I would say our biggest challenge is Offensive. Yes we will have issues with our LB play and probably DE. But our Tackles and secondary has enough depth, talent and experience to challenge a young QB. It is the offensive side of the ball in my opinion that will decide the game. Can our OL give king time to make and extend plays? Can they open up holes when critical? Will our WR simply catch the **** ball when open?
Hopefully I'll be intoxicated when these questions are answered. I want to win but I beg for being competitive and relentless. At least we'll get respect trying

Advertisement
My biggest concern is will TVD or Garcia be coming in during mop up duty in the second half?
I think it will be beneficial to give both playing time once we go up by about 4 scores.
(Edit, just kidding, King should just keep on pushing for more points.)
#15-0.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back