Big Time Quote From Banda

Advertisement
New fans have no clue what a dominant player Morgan was because all they care about is nfl achievements, and his career was cut short because he had no regard for his own safety.

P. S. It’s a stupid argument anyway because Ray Lewis wasn’t from South Florida. We got him from gator territory.

Best LB to play cfb at Miami. Won every award & also dominated at OLB & MLB

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
We still have the advantage of being the local team with tradition. We are just no longer going to be the SEC side piece when it comes to the elite talent. If they have real interest and want in, great. If they want to play games and leverage our offer for $EC glory, fugg em.

"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.
Disaster waiting to happen

Advertisement
We still have the advantage of being the local team with tradition. We are just no longer going to be the SEC side piece when it comes to the elite talent. If they have real interest and want in, great. If they want to play games and leverage our offer for $EC glory, fugg em.

the recruiting advantage of distance doesn't really exist anymore esp since coaches land their choppers on schools. the hope is manny brings miami back where kids don't treat the offer as a birthright.

Monster awards and best player are not the same thing. I’d take ray lewis anywhere and everywhere at UM over Morgan. And i have huge respect for Morgan. But Ray Lewis is the best defensive player of all time, full stop. He left UM as a junior, and played when we were under sanctions, so it wasn’t acclaim era. Maybe if he had stayed for his senior season, he would have gotten his acclaim. I remember Lewis as a true frosh. He was just the best, most disruptive, playmaking tackling machine.

It cannot come down to awards because Roy Williams iirc got the Thorpe Award over Ed Reed, and Derrick Strait got it two years later over Sean Taylor. Both travesties. Neither Oklahoma kid was a better player. So acclaim is what it is. It isn’t proof of who was the best.

Now, when they name the entire award after you, like they did for Ted Hendricks, well, then you may have an argument to being acclaimed and the best.

Yes, Ray "Wally Pipped" Robert Bass in 1994 and went out and had 17 tackles his first start. Also also starred on the nation's best defense. Sanctions really didn't have an impact until 1996 and most certainly 1997 when Dan had to start as a true freshman one day. That being said Ray lead the team in tackles 22 straight games. It's unfortunate for Dan because he couldn't stay healthy throughout his NFL career. He had one **** of a Super Bowl performance. If I am not mistaken he set the Super Bowl record for tackles in a game.

Advertisement
Yes, Ray "Wally Pipped" Robert Bass in 1994 and went out and had 17 tackles his first start. Also also starred on the nation's best defense. Sanctions really didn't have an impact until 1996 and most certainly 1997 when Dan had to start as a true freshman one day. That being said Ray lead the team in tackles 22 straight games. It's unfortunate for Dan because he couldn't stay healthy throughout his NFL career. He had one **** of a Super Bowl performance. If I am not mistaken he set the Super Bowl record for tackles in a game.
Dan Morgan was one of the best LBs I ever saw.

Ray Lewis was simply the best defensive player of all time, any level, any position, ever. From the day he walked onto the field at UM. And the best on-field leader of players on a football team, ever, as well.

Advertisement
That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.

Exactly.

The quote is just lip service for the fans to gush over.

Most don't want to play for the local team when better teams come calling. Even lifelong fans would've needed to have their sanity checked when we had the last several coaches we had. I know for a fact there is no way I would've pushed for us under those guys.

Diaz better win or nothing will change. Every game can now be seen on television at hone. Distance doesn't matter like it used to with the technology of today.

Advertisement
You would lose QB, TE, OL, DL, and LB right off the bat.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 first off..I said per position..what’s this foolishness you’ve replied to me with? You have positions & positions groups...DL & OL & maybe LB should be broken down by position.

Secondly..are you aware south Florida is palm beach, broward, & Dade all the way down to keys?

You think Vince wilfork isn’t a top 5 DT at Miami or even top 5 DL overall? Where did you think he was from?

The **** you think Ted Hendricks is from?

Vernon Carey isn’t a top 5 OT from Miami?

Joaquin was a two time FIRST TEAM all American here.,,where do you think he’s from? Ed Reed quoted him for a reason...lol

Where do you think OG Chris Myers, OT’s Vernon Carey & Joaquin Gonzalez are from? 🤣🤣🤣

Clive Walford has all the TE records at UM...where do you think he’s from? From sheer numbers alone he has to be in the top 5.

LB? Where do you think mike Barrow & Dan Morgan are from? Where do you think Darrin Smith is from?

QB might be the only position at UM where top 5 of all time don’t feature an athlete from south Florida but is Craig Erickson in your top5? If so...he's from Palm Beach. George Mira has his number retired...where do you think he's from?? LOLOL....so QB has a top 5 player from south Florida also...

& this is off the top of my head without any research.

At the end of the day..you exposed yourself as a Johnny come lately hurricane fan.

You don’t really know our history. Quit being a poser. The gator board is asking for you to come back.

You out of towners better quit disrespecting the crib...you don't have a clue...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back