Big Time Quote From Banda

Advertisement
It's a red flag for a local kid who drags out his commitment while visiting the U campus often, or commits and is taking visits to other schools. Manny must put an end to this. If u can't commit and shut it down, we ain't taking ur lazy commitment.

Advertisement
It's a red flag for a local kid who drags out his commitment while visiting the U campus often, or commits and is taking visits to other schools. Manny must put an end to this. If u can't commit and shut it down, we ain't taking ur lazy commitment.

Exactly. We know by July/August who is coming. Any local kid who drags it out beyond then is not coming and just waiting for the bidding war to end.

Advertisement
But they kinda are though lol

I mean the majority of the kids we lead for in the 2020 class are from Florida & not a lot OOS kids have visted yet, obviously it's still early but how many non FLA players do you guys actually think we're going to start landing?

I'm not against recruiting OOS at all, I'm 100% for it, I just don't understand this narrative from our fans thinking there's going to be some big time Renaissance of OOS kids coming to Miami, there really won't be. We'll get a few here & there but most of the kids we recruit will come from Florida.

Right so all he's saying is the few OOS kids will take the local divas spot, not that we aren't going to recruit SoFla. Would you rather be left **** in hand by Campbell last year or tell him to **** off and get a kid like Williams?

Advertisement
"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.

I now see where you got this quote.

To put that quote in context, the article states that Banda also said that ....

South Florida will always be the focus when it comes to recruiting, but staff is more open to out of state kids due to their recent South Florida experiences.

I actually think we will have just as good of a chance, if not a better chance, of getting commitments from certain out of state kids - as opposed to locals.
I like this approach too.

Wake me up when recruiting "national" wins us a ring

Ken Dorsey, Daryl Jones, Jeremy Shockey, Martin Bibla, Bryant McKinnie, Brett Romberg, Sherko Haji-Rousali, DJ Williams, Chris Campbell, Ed Reed and James Lewis concur with your post. 50% of the starting lineup of the 2001 National Champions were from outside of Florida. Your honor, the defense rests.

Advertisement
"We're going to start looking a little broader," he said. "If a young man wants to play around, then fine. We are going to find the ones that want to be here badly."

Looks like the South Florida Divas aren't going to get the preferential treatment anymore. I love this attitude change.
I've been said this.. Act like they don't exist, don't acknowledge them. If they're looking make sure we are looking loud and clear.

Ken Dorsey, Daryl Jones, Jeremy Shockey, Martin Bibla, Bryant McKinnie, Brett Romberg, Sherko Haji-Rousali, DJ Williams, Chris Campbell, Ed Reed and James Lewis concur with your post. 50% of the starting lineup of the 2001 National Champions were from outside of Florida. Your honor, the defense rests.

When we have a combo of Fla boys w/ national guys and that's the recipe for success.

It’s a national game. All big time CFB games are seen across the entire country.

And in a sense, the country is a lot ‘smaller’ now. With the new transfer rules, a kid can ‘transfer back home’ with relative ease now as before that act may have been tougher.

It’s a national game. We (remakably still, given our suckness for decade +) have a national brand. Good for our coaches. Take advantage of that. We’ll get plenty of locals. Yes. Always have always will. But recruit nationally. Get talent from all over and field a top notch team. That’s what CFB is moving towards.

Advertisement
Back