Big Time Quote From Banda

No, sir. Hopefully, we’ve wised up on the South Florida panhandling baggots and the **** leeches around them. Recruit the area hard, but be smart enough to sniff out the baggots early and cut bait. It never works out for us so why waste a ton of time with shytbags like Tyreek and Blowgal?

You guys who don’t realize how stupid it is to waste time with guys that message board posters sniff out quickly are too naive for your own good.

I hear you. I really do.

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to cut bait.

Another thing I'm saying is if we start to do our part and win 10 games regularly, maybe there won't be so many "games" for these kids. There will ALWAYS be those 1-2 guys who leave. But if we stop going 7-6, more elite might be easier to reel in.

Advertisement
TS didn’t fool him.

Per Ivins:

“The Hurricanes thought out of all the recent battles with SEC schools to land top local defensive backs the one for Tyrique Stevenson was one they could actually win. Ephraim Banda however protected himself by secretly recruiting Bubba Bolden knowing that there was a chance Stevenson could burn him in the end.”

Lol we have to secretly do it but schools like bama and Georgia do it openly. Whatever at least they are finally learning.

No, sir. Hopefully, we’ve wised up on the South Florida panhandling baggots and the **** leeches around them. Recruit the area hard, but be smart enough to sniff out the baggots early and cut bait. It never works out for us so why waste a ton of time with shytbags like Tyreek and Blowgal?

You guys who don’t realize how stupid it is to waste time with guys that message board posters sniff out quickly are too naive for your own good.

Hopefully our staff is seasoned enough to know who the baggots are in sofla. I'm sure they know who the dirt bag Antron Wrights/Drummonds/Tunsils of the world are down there or the family hanger ons that are up to no good. All they need to do is play it like they played TS - have a contingency plan.

Cool story bro. Tangible evidence on how that’s not impressive for a first time HC who already flipped an SEC lean would’ve been cooler.

What tangible evidence do you have that we actually came in 2nd besides what you read on 247?

Also Id like you to provide tangible evidence that Pickens services weren't being bought. His recruitment reeks of NCAA violations.

Advertisement
What tangible evidence do you have that we actually came in 2nd besides what you read on 247?

Also Id like you to provide tangible evidence that Pickens services weren't being bought. His recruitment reeks of NCAA violations.
The fact that Auburn said it, UT said it, Stefan said it, National guys like Wiltfong said it, Farrell said...

Btw any time you recruit a kid like that there’s cash involved...even the ones we got.

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
Oh Please, If I'm not Mistaken A Guy that is probably the greatest safety in UM history and just got Elected to the HOF is from Louisiana....It's all about Identifying Talent !!

Advertisement
That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.

What would be your recommendation for achieving this goal without better players?

That's actually pretty spot-on, IMO, as far as what needs to happen, at least first. There will always be divas and egos and bags and what-not, but you can't sell 7-6 to the top athletes in this area. Win the Coastal consistently, compete for the playoffs more years than not, and that blue-chip ratio will start to improve.
Agreed & also - Miami is a private university - not a State school with a giant alumni base and easier entry requirements (last time I looked you couldn't major in recess!). Since we've not been a dominant team lately the highly ranked academics and tradition combination may play better now on a National level than in years past. When our expectations are realized on the field more locals will want back in .....

Dudes gona flock if we start winning. Just the nature of the beast.

Advertisement
Ed Reed, DJ Williams, Clinton Portis, M. Bibla, Ken Dorsey, Jeremy Shockey, Jerome McDougle, Brett Romberg, Kellen Winslow, I mean the list goes on and on when you look at some of the non S. Florida guys who've made huge impacts. Butch was a national recruiter. We had dudes from all over the U.S. and even Canada.

I hear you. I really do.

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to cut bait.

Another thing I'm saying is if we start to do our part and win 10 games regularly, maybe there won't be so many "games" for these kids. There will ALWAYS be those 1-2 guys who leave. But if we stop going 7-6, more elite might be easier to reel in.
South Florida/Florida has to come first. Once you realize a guy is looking for bags and your not offering bags its time to move on. We have too cast a wider net

Advertisement

This is exactly what is going to happen.

People love to "bytch" and argue for no reason.

(1.) Miami will tell players that the commitment is only truly binding if/when the player stops visiting other schools.

(2.) When the next Stevenson or Jobe commits to Miami and then takes a visit to an SEC school, the school will make an offer to a Plan-B South Florida kid.

(3.) If the Plan-B kid starts acting like a diva, or is not as good as an out-of-state prospect, Miami will pursue the out-of-state prospect.

It is that simple.

The Portal will fulfill all unrequited needs until Saban and his MAchine (and henchmen, i.e. Ebbert) shut it down.

14 out of the top 15 players in California left the state in the 2019 class.

The only thing anecdotal is posting 4 or 5 players that we aren't even recruiting that heavy & using it as an excuse to not recruit Florida.

We've offered 12 RB's in 2020 9 of them from OOS, the one we got the commit from is from Miami. Same with DB & WR.

The majority of the players in our 2020 class will be from Florida.

We are VERY late offering a lot of the top OOS players. VERY LATE. Let's see who returns the interest and comes for visits. Easier to judge after a full cycle of this philosophy

How about this approach?

Stop going 7-6 and maybe there'll be less "games" with the local elites.

Just a thought.
Yeah didn’t help with Surtain, Campbell and a few others after a 10 win season did it? You can always tell the narcissist of the bunch when it’s everyone else’s fault but the little mercenary ***** who sell out on everyone.

We are VERY late offering a lot of the top OOS players. VERY LATE. Let's see who returns the interest and comes for visits. Easier to judge after a full cycle of this philosophy

A lot of LA, San Diego and NYC kids would love to move to Coral Gables. If UM has the recruiting budget available, they can go 4-5 deep at every position. Develop a reputation of winning 10-11 games a year and "dropping divas" early. Jobe, Stevenson, Bogle, Surtain and Campbell were using Miami as bargaining chips.

Take away the chip.

You cannot mention names but you can allude that the diva lost his scholarship. The diva is not coming to UM anyway, so you might as well use it to UM's advantage.

Advertisement
Back