Big Time Quote From Banda

Because it was done in 2 1/2 months with a WR coach that was here for 3 weeks. You really think if we were able to get that close in 2 1/2 months that we couldn’t have closed that kid in a year?

Correct. I think his services were going to be bought regardless. Maybe the Miami smoke got him a bigger check, but if it wasnt UGA it would have been another $EC team.

Advertisement
So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
Man you are so dramatic, that’s not what is he saying at all. You want to keep getting burned last minute by these bag chasing south Florida kids.

So we've officially given up our only historical recruiting advantage. Got it.

Let's see how it plays out.
No, sir. Hopefully, we’ve wised up on the South Florida panhandling baggots and the **** leeches around them. Recruit the area hard, but be smart enough to sniff out the baggots early and cut bait. It never works out for us so why waste a ton of time with shytbags like Tyreek and Blowgal?

You guys who don’t realize how stupid it is to waste time with guys that message board posters sniff out quickly are too naive for your own good.

Banda just said fool me once, ok Jobe...fool me twice, ok TS, fool me three times isn't happening. Let's hope he means it and doesn't allow these kids to linger around campus. Commit to us or your *** is getting arrested for loitering if I see you again.
TS didn’t fool him.

Per Ivins:

“The Hurricanes thought out of all the recent battles with SEC schools to land top local defensive backs the one for Tyrique Stevenson was one they could actually win. Ephraim Banda however protected himself by secretly recruiting Bubba Bolden knowing that there was a chance Stevenson could burn him in the end.”

Advertisement
You guys are putting to much thought into recruiting, just win and the recruits will come !! Gotta win 10, 11 games consistently it's that easy

Correct. I think his services were going to be bought regardless. Maybe the Miami smoke got him a bigger check, but if it wasnt UGA it would have been another $EC team.
So he visits notorious bag schools but goes to Miami to get a bigger check? Because Miami scares them more than other bag schools that could write a bigger check?

So he visits notorious bag schools but goes to Miami to get a bigger check? Because Miami scares them more than other bag schools that could write a bigger check?

Precisely, he's a stealing a page right from Jerry Jeudy's play book!

Advertisement
But wait, weren't yall the same ones extra hype when Jaiden Francois & Don Chaney Jr committed?

Should we not accept anymore commits from Florida kids for 2020?
You’re way too bright to start this sort of nonsense. There’s a gigantic difference between not recruiting the area and cutting bait quicker with the baggots who are so obviously being used as pawns for their stank mommies to sell them to kkk schools that even message board posters see it a mile away.

Advertisement
Who said "just win"?

FSU won a title in 2013. Has been elite in the past 5 season.
UF won titles in 2006/2008. They're SEC and have been elite this decade. Strong season last year.

Miami last won a title 17 years ago. SEVENTEEN. Recruits were not born then. ****, they were barely alive when we last won 10 game (until 2017).

Rivals schools can call 2017 a fluke because we followed that up by going 7-6 and getting smoke in our bowl game.

Do I need to explain this further?

Florida has not been Elite this decade.

Advertisement
Don't be emotional.

I think most here would have no issues with a top 10 class every year.

Plus, we ended the season on a 3 game losing streak (getting our asses kicked by Clemson).

We'll lose some kids every year. Always have. But we can't turn our back on what makes us "us". We start winning 10 games every year and making post season noise, kids will want to come here.

You keep missing the point. There some kids that were never planning on coming. They strung us along for the bag. Those are the guys we need to do a better job identifying and moving on or at least have backup plans.

Guys like Juedy I agree may have come here if we were consistently in the mix for the playoffs.

So yes I agree we need to do more winning but let’s not ignore the fact that South Florida isn’t flooded with divas.

How many recruits did we lose to other schools that didn’t have a great season or offered them late and they still sign. With us, that’s the main reason for bolting elsewhere. These are the kids Banda is talking about.

You guys are putting to much thought into recruiting, just win and the recruits will come !! Gotta win 10, 11 games consistently it's that easy

You know what makes winning 10, 11 games consistently much easier?

Recruiting Good players.

Just got to recruit smarter in general. If kids are playing games, wisen up and move on. Have more back up plans across the SE and nationally in general.

Still a major Beta move on you're part celebrating that we came in "second" for recruit though
Cool story bro. Tangible evidence on how that’s not impressive for a first time HC who already flipped an SEC lean would’ve been cooler.

Advertisement
Back