BIG TEN DONE

Advertisement
This whole spring football bull**** is just kicking the can down the road at best but really pandering at worse. Randy Edsall this week on Dan Patrick said Spring football is insanely stupid and not an option. Put it this way, if somehow people decide to play in Spring they aren’t turning around in 2 months and playing another season in the same year. That is reckless

This whole spring football bull**** is just kicking the can down the road at best but really pandering at worse. Randy Edsall this week on Dan Patrick said Spring football is insanely stupid and not an option. Put it this way, if somehow people decide to play in Spring they aren’t turning around in 2 months and playing another season in the same year. That is reckless
This. ^ I don’t see any Spring football for the Big10. The weather is horrible in big10 country March and April. They would have 6 weeks at best to fit something in

No BS COVID ain’t going nowhere fam!

Tired of talking vaccines too. It’s mad incurable viruses and diseases out here.

Society gotta move forward at some point.

I sense you have a certain degree of common sense. Which is rare in Grump's USA today! Ouch. Oh. And one more notion. One reason, among a host of others, why the disease is still hanging around and DIDN'T disappear like the current POTUS said way back when, is it's a BIOLOGICAL manufactured weapons of war, and it BACKFIRED on the POTUS and the US Republican senate and ALL of those red states across the nation.

After all, what kind of coronaflu hangs around in the F'in SUMMERTIME? LMFAO And good luck with that vaccine too!

More levity...

And those Herbie CORNsucker's won't get bytched-slapped around by the likes of Ohio St., Penn. St. and Minnesota, again! LMFAO Heck, the Big 10 did them a mighty big favor. SAVED the Cornsucker's from having another LOSING season in the Year of the Disease. LOL

Advertisement
We are living in the midst of the dumbest era in United States history.
Time will tell who was right on this one. Coronavirus is the curveball of all curveballs. Not going to jump on the "they're pussies" bandwagon. The NCAA sucks at handling most things, so this could be more like the MLB than the NBA/NHL

Nebraska giving the finger to the Big 10 and saying they're gonna play anyway.

Word is, Nebraska is in quiet talks to rejoin the Big 12 conference, if only for one year... but possibly longer.

Big 12 looks like they probably will be playing football this year. The word from Texas is that the Longhorns are 100% in, and as Texas goes, so goes the rest of that conference.

Who is going to want to play in spring time who knows if there will even be a virus should have just canceled it all together for them
How will they declare for NFL draft?
Combines?
What happens if the season extends beyond the draft?

horrible decisions by those conferences-especially Pac12 as they don’t have enough money to pull this off.

Word is, Nebraska is in quiet talks to rejoin the Big 12 conference, if only for one year... but possibly longer.

Big 12 looks like they probably will be playing football this year. The word from Texas is that the Longhorns are 100% in, and as Texas goes, so goes the rest of that conference.
Big 12 should go ahead and poach Iowa while they’re at it. Those two voted to play.

Advertisement
Big 12 should go ahead and poach Iowa while they’re at it. Those two voted to play.

I agree, they should. So my take is I understand why Nebraska would want to rejoin the Big 12 for a year - they want to play football and they don't want their recruits poached, loss of revenue, etc. So I get why they would be putting the feelers out.

But what I don't get is what's in it for the Big 12. Nebraska up and left them, there is no love lost there. I would guess the Big 12 will take them back but only under conditions very favorable to the Big 12.

In other words, Nebraska is not in a position to dictate terms. The Big 12 has all the leverage. Nebraska needs the Big 12 much more than the Big 12 needs Nebraska. So will be interesting to see if this happens, what the terms are.

Probably the Big 12 will take most of the money, etc etc.

Wouldn't the Big 10 then slap Nebraska with a $40M fee for leaving the conference?

Talk about health issue concerns. Playing two football seasons in one calendar year (as with a Spring AND Fall season in 2021) is insane!

Advertisement
Probably. But how much would Nebraska lose by not playing football this season? That's probably what they're discussing right now.
It's probably at worst even. Using Alabama as a basis of comparison, they earned $48M in media rights and $39.1M in ticket sales.

This guy goin off....

1597242772746.png

1597242807496.png

1597242837852.png

Advertisement
This. ^ I don’t see any Spring football for the Big10. The weather is horrible in big10 country March and April. They would have 6 weeks at best to fit something in

I hear the Huskers are talking to the NFL about joining the NFC Central if the Big 12 doesn't work out

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear the Huskers are talking to the NFL about joining the NFC Central if the Big 12 doesn't work out

I’m not a Nebraska fan, but I will be if they give the conference the finger and play anyway. I like that spirit.

We’ll have to see what they do.

8-10 game schedule. 1 (maybe) bye. Finish first half of March. Football is a year around sport. If it means for kids to have less time off b/w spring ball and NFL camps in order to secure getting drafted and going pro, I'm sure the kids won't mind. NFLPA might have a concern, but the kids will do it.

I’m not a Nebraska fan, but I will be if they give the conference the finger and play anyway. I like that spirit.

We’ll have to see what they do.
It’s about $$$$$ and Nebraska needs the conference money. Remember they begged the Big 10 for admittance...the reason....$$$$$. Scott Frost and Husker fans also believes in the Easter Bunny!

Advertisement
Back