Big Picture: How Miami wasted so much NFL talent in 2014

BrazilCane

Junior
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...eis-winston-marcus-mariota-big-picture-022415

This guy Bruce Feldman, another guy that don´t get the facts...

Said Dorsett: "There were a lot of things we need to clean up. We'd go watch film the next day and there'd be certain guys out of place, and if the guy was in place, that play would've been made. Stuff like that. I'm not gonna blame any coach. Coaches coach. Players play. So that's on us."

It's commendable that all of the Canes we spoke to in Indy said it's more on them than it should be on Golden or the UM coaches, but there's also an old coaching axiom: You're either coaching it or allowing it to happen, and it's hard to get past a mediocre record, especially when you have a lot of talent -- as all the NFL personnel folks can attest.

Advertisement
so the weakfense strikes...unless each player is flawless in execution it fails, nevermind stifling playmakers for an unrealistic scheme...

Miami employs an incredibly high percentage of incompetent losers. We really she be a charitable organization.

I love this ****, right here:

"They had one of the best running backs in college football (Duke Johnson); the best tight end (Clive Walford); the fastest wideout (Phillip Dorsett); one of the best O-linemen (Ereck Flowers); one of the top linebackers (Denzel Perryman); and the guy who was the most impressive player at the East-West game (DE Anthony Chickillo), and I know they got a young QB that's a stud too (freshman Brad Kaaya)," one long-time NFL scout told FOX Sports in Indy. "They had more front-line talent than half the teams in the SEC. They didn't have as much talent as Florida State, but they were still pretty loaded. How does that team not win at least nine games in that league?"

What a complete joke this staff is

Advertisement

"They had one of the best running backs in college football (Duke Johnson); the best tight end (Clive Walford); the fastest wideout (Phillip Dorsett); one of the best O-linemen (Ereck Flowers); one of the top linebackers (Denzel Perryman); and the guy who was the most impressive player at the East-West game (DE Anthony Chickillo), and I know they got a young QB that's a stud too (freshman Brad Kaaya)," one long-time NFL scout told FOX Sports in Indy. "They had more front-line talent than half the teams in the SEC. They didn't have as much talent as Florida State, but they were still pretty loaded. How does that team not win at least nine games in that league?"

wow i know he impressed but first time i heard chick was the most impressive player on the field in that game

wow i know he impressed but first time i heard chick was the most impressive player on the field in that game

Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami (6-3, 271): As he explained to sideline reporter Alex Flanagan on the NFL Network telecast of the game, Chickillo was used in a two-gap scheme that asked him to eat up blockers in Miami's 3-4 scheme. For the East team Saturday, however, Chickillo lined up as a 4-3 defensive end and showed better-than-expected initial burst and closing speed. After signing at Miami as an extremely high regarded prep, Chickillo wasn't terribly productive at the collegiate level. He projects nicely as a rotational defender in the NFL, however, as he has nose for the ball, plays with a terrific motor and, as he showed in this game, has position and scheme versatility.

Miami DE Anthony Chickillo: Chickillo (6-foot-4, 275 pounds) was a five-star prospect and a consensus national top-25 recruit in the 2011 recruiting class, one that also included Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Sammy Watkins, who were first-round picks in the 2014 draft. (Chickillo is one of two five-stars from the 2011 recruiting class in the Shrine Game; the other is Texas RB Malcom Brown.) Chickillo was a four-year starter at Miami, but never lived up to the recruiting hype. He had five sacks as a freshman in 2011, but that ended up being his career-high, and his total dropped every season (four in 2012, 3.5 in '13 and three this season). Still, he was a valuable player for the Hurricanes known for his high-revving motor and ended up being better against the run than was expected. Chickillo showed off his relentlessness and tenacity in almost every drill this week. "I can see him being a mid-round pick who will be around a long time," Jeremiah said.

Advertisement
Nothing new with golden. He did the samething here in 2011 and you can include his last two years at temple as well if you'd like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If they hadn't lost the last 4 games in a row, they would have had a 10 win season.

mind=blown

mind_blown.gif

Advertisement
Back