X's and O's Big Manny Breaks It Down - VaaahJayJay Tech

Advertisement
There's nothing wrong with the desire to want to run the ball.........the problem is being unable or outright refusing to acknowledge that the current personnel doesn't align with running as much as you want, when that is compounded with lots of o line injuries it usually spells disaster.

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve the run game, and if they’re as good as everyone said they are at teaching it should improve. Desperately need any semblance of a run game. (Still maintaining a pass to open up the run mentality in spread sets.)

I mean, the best 4 backs on this team are injured and our o-line has multiple injuries. Of course we're going to struggle. The run game is in absolute shambles.

'Stanley doesn't know the playbook and got here week 1! My guys aren't here yet!'
A rb that’s been playing Cfb for 4-5 years showing up versus a young wr is night and day different. Rb is a much easier position to pick up things. On top of that we have older wr’s who were having issues picking this offenses up but you want to just throw the new kid in week one? He needed work when he arrived and he had to do a crash course on the offense and route running on top of getting acclimated to college ball. He busted his *** and now it’s paying off. I know you obviously have a narrative in your head but that narrative isn’t correct. Colbie himself has said he wasn’t ready early.

Advertisement

"...Cristobal said when asked about the run game. “We have to get better, more consistency and technique and fundamentals. Our backs – run harder, get downhill, outside when you need to, read your keys...We have to keep improving in the run game. Our pass game we invested in it and it’s taken a tremendous step forward. We’ve been trying the same thing with the run game, made a little bit of progress, have to have more..."

CIS too soft. Can't handle the dominant physicality of Big Manny.

We SHALL run in the fields...

@We the Boss knows whats up.
If we can stand up to ALL MODERN OFFENSIVE TRENDS all CFB may be free, and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands; but if we fail then the whole world, including the ACC, and all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more prolonged, by the lights of a perverted science.

There's nothing wrong with the desire to want to run the ball.........the problem is being unable or outright refusing to acknowledge that the current personnel doesn't align with running as much as you want, when that is compounded with lots of o line injuries it usually spells disaster.
Agreed - and I think it took them too long to admit that the run game wasn't happening but now they have, they have mostly abandoned it. Which I also think makes sense given the run game still isn't working and the passing game is (at least for now).

I think any rationale fan can agree that we should run/be able to run more than we are. That doesn't mean run the ball 75% of the time, but that we should be much more balanced than we are and we should continue to aim/work to get there. But until we can do that - and as long as the passing game is working - that we should continue passing.

What I am surprised we haven't seen more of is short passes at/behind the LOS that aren't all they way out to sidelines, but maybe they dont trust the RBs to catch the ball.

If we can stand up to ALL MODERN OFFENSIVE TRENDS all CFB may be free, and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands; but if we fail then the whole world, including the ACC, and all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more prolonged, by the lights of a perverted science.
YOU THE MAN!

Advertisement
Too many injuries.
Glad to see a wildcat formation last game. Get creative.
Yes. very good thinking. Shows they put some thought into it.

Now, what I hope is coming, as soon as teams start adjusting and overplaying they throw out of that as well.

How does Ole Miss run the ball so effectively against better competition? 3 100 yard rushers vs Auburn this weekend.

Btw fans have been asking about packages for Brown running the ball since the beginning of the season. Why the fluck do we see it now? We could have used those tough yards vs A&M, MTSU, and especially vs UNC.

Advertisement
How does Ole Miss run the ball so effectively against better competition? 3 100 yard rushers vs Auburn this weekend.

Btw fans have been asking about packages for Brown running the ball since the beginning of the season. Why the fluck do we see it now? We could have used those tough yards vs A&M, MTSU, and especially vs UNC.
Auburn is not better than Ole Miss.

Point taken though.

Advertisement
For the last time, the name is MARIO, not Big Manny,

Signed,
Big Manny

**** IT!!!
Mario!!!!
Mack Daddy says hi...
miniGif_20221017175314.gif

1665535558779.gif

Advertisement