Big early signing day podcast

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
realCIS.jpg

Miami director of player personnel Matt Doherty, offensive line coach Stacy Searels, safeties coach Ephraim Banda, and cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph join me for one-on-one interviews.

Staff members are allowed to publicly discuss members of Miami's Storm 18 class for the first time.

[SOUNDCLOUD]372331955[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
View attachment 56528

Miami director of player personnel Matt Doherty, offensive line coach Stacy Searels, safeties coach Ephraim Banda, and cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph join me for one-on-one interviews.

Staff members are allowed to publicly discuss members of Miami's Storm 18 class for the first time.

[SOUNDCLOUD]372331955[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Looking forward to listening. Still think you should give D-Money his own podcast intro music for the later podcast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"I can feel it in the air" is easily Beanies best song of his career.

That whole B.Coming album is one of my all-time favorites.

On getting after the remaining recruits. "A focused Miami recruiting effort is a dangerous one..." Matt D. Oh Lord.

Advertisement
"Alabama took their best shot at Gurvin Hall and whiffed ... (and Mark Pope, too)"

:stormwarningflag-sm

Props on the coach interviews, Pete. A key takeaway I had was these guys are now beyond talking about talent. Every kid they recruit is talented, that's just the ticket to the show. Instead, all three emphasized character and personality. Unless you're Alabama where you can mill through a 4-deep roster of 4/5 stars, talent only guarantees you 8-9 wins (6 in the case of FSU). But talent + character delivers championships.

Props on the coach interviews, Pete. A key takeaway I had was these guys are now beyond talking about talent. Every kid they recruit is talented, that's just the ticket to the show. Instead, all three emphasized character and personality. Unless you're Alabama where you can mill through a 4-deep roster of 4/5 stars, talent only guarantees you 8-9 wins (6 in the case of FSU). But talent + character delivers championships.

over the last 18 years or so ive closely followed recruiting, ive evolved to value character more & more when it comes to the kids you sign and the results you ultimately get.

yes, talent matters, but that talent really needs to gel together in a unique way and while yes, a big part of that is the individual character of the kids, the other big piece is the environment a staff creates at your program

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back