Beyond The Chalk- Coach Gus Felder

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;xf5OnXNkbDI]https://youtu.be/xf5OnXNkbDI[/video]

Advertisement
After Spring practices end this month and Fall camp opens in the late summer, Felder is the most important man in Coral Gables...success in his mission is crucial to this year's Hurricanes winning big.

Candidate for program MVP. Our team's conditioning was evident throughout the season.

Also, it looks like Felder and Searles are making Donaldson their pet projects. That boy is gonna be a monster.

I can't wait until he gets to work on all the incoming new guys in May, the Freshmans, Dean & Delaney too.

All our guys have had great physical gains since being in this S&C program, and it's really shown on the field.

Advertisement
this whole staff just brings a ton of life, the kids seem excited to work and practice. Thats where it begins

"Anyone with a whistle can make you sweat". "Can you build a relationship with those guys". Changing the culture. I love this staff.

Advertisement
One of the smartest moves Ritch has made so far was not to fall for the "pressure and influence" to keep the previous S&C staff.
Didn't matter who got upset he made the changes he wanted to make.

The strength and conditioning coach is your most important hire. Richt nailed it with him. Our team finally looked liked they trained in the off season. Most athletes see the biggest jump in year two of a program so it will be fun to see how much more physical and fast we are this year.

Advertisement
Remember when folks were complaining because this wasn't a **** hire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very good stuff. Thrilled with our s&c staff. When these guys actually want to go in to lift and sweat, that tells you something about the leadership of our staff.

He seems like he has not only have the knowledge necessary to be an effective teacher, but possesses the ability to transfer that knowledge to his student-athletes with credibility, direction, and motivation.

Advertisement
Weren't there early complaints or posters questioning his methodology? Something about not being geared for a particular type of performance?

What happened to those questions? (Not being sarcastic; really curious how they've been worked out)

Weren't there early complaints or posters questioning his methodology? Something about not being geared for a particular type of performance?

What happened to those questions? (Not being sarcastic; really curious how they've been worked out)

don't see how any questions can have been worked out yet… Too small a sample size to confirm if he's legit yet in my opinion. Hope he is though, seems like a good dude that's genuine about wanting whats best for these kids.

One of the smartest moves Ritch has made so far was not to fall for the "pressure and influence" to keep the previous S&C staff.
Didn't matter who got upset he made the changes he wanted to make.

They did retain Ishmale but everyone else was bought in.

What a great coach and even better person! I just love to hear him talk. He is heady, cerebral, a gym rat and high motor coach. He just gets it. Most unsung on staff, so thanks for the post.

Advertisement
Back