Bethune

As discussed previously, if UF drops out of the top 50 RPI, it would help our Q1 record, but that doesn't look likely at this point (they are #32). On the other hand, if FSU ends up within the top 50 RPI, that would help our Q1 record (they are #53 now).

If we just take care of business and win the rest of our series I dont think FSU or UF will have any effect on our season

Advertisement
Say what you want but everyone knows when she was here she ran the school, including appropriating money to different departments. Let me ask you this, is the BOT different from when she was here? No!!! The heavy hitters at the same.
So gtfo with putting the responsibility on the BOT.
Oh yeah almost forgot, she made our degree more valuable? Never did I say to overvalue athletics or academics!!! And no, miami was a respected and world renown institution before she arrived.

Miami had never reached the heights in regards to the US News and World report rankings that it did during her tenure. Is all of that on her? No, Miami hired some **** good deans and attracted a ton of **** good researchers. That's mostly on the people under her, who eventually moved on in their own right.

By the way, there's one simple response to your "She moved money around" comment. She could move money around the GENERAL FUND, but she couldn't move EARMARKED funds. In other words, if you wrote a check to the athletic department, and it was earmarked as such, it couldn't be moved. Why? Because Miami is a nonprofit organization and there are laws and rules in place in regards to earmarked donations. There's a reason why when you make a donation, there's a place on the donation form for you to specify WHERE you want your money to go. That isn't for decoration, that's for legal purposes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back