best RB scenario!

bigpurk45

Junior
A few things... best scenario:

Walton needs to stay in the 2016 class

1 of the RB need to RS it would bring depth throughout the classes

I hope Duke has a great year and go to the NFL. If he decides to stay it can deter 1 of these young men...

I see playing time for only 2 of the 4 backs... Williams and whomever. Williams will be used how the staff has indicated and 1 of the other backs maybe a 3rd down back... it all matters how Yearby and Gus perform

This is how it should look:
2012 Duke
2013 Gus/Tucker
2014 Yearby
2015 Williams/Scarlett
RS Cronkite
2016 Walton
2017 Burns/?

This would be best case scenario. This would keep us great at the RB position with a stable like this.

Advertisement
A few things... best scenario:

Walton needs to stay in the 2016 class

1 of the RB need to RS it would bring depth throughout the classes

I hope Duke has a great year and go to the NFL. If he decides to stay it can deter 1 of these young men...

I see playing time for only 2 of the 4 backs... Williams and whomever. Williams will be used how the staff has indicated and 1 of the other backs maybe a 3rd down back... it all matters how Yearby and Gus perform

This is how it should look:
2012 Duke
2013 Gus/Tucker
2014 Yearby
2015 Williams/Scarlett
RS Cronkite
2016 Walton
2017 Burns/?

This would be best case scenario. This would keep us great at the RB position with a stable like this.

All these backs are studs. As RBs they will and and should get to NFL as quickly as they can. It might sound nice to redshirt one but if that back gets his PT later and shines, he will still be gone in 3 years. You might as well play them all because with these, it is 3 and done anyway. Walton has been a commit for a long time already, I can find it in me to want him to get stuck in high school another year. Kid is just trying to catch up to his age group, not graduate early and too young. Even Duke hit the freshman wall late in first season, maybe with 4 backs you can get 2 in early in year, rest the other 2 and then bring them in fresh when the first 2 hit wall. There will be plenty of carries over 3 years for all of them-- we have not current depth and one or two are bound to be hurt at some time.

There are good reasons to redshirt QBs and other positions, but not so with RBs. Maybe their blocking will improve with a practice year, but you will still only have them 3 years.

2012 Duke
2013 Gus/Tucker
2014 Yearby
2015 Williams/Scarlett/Cronkite/Walton
2016 ?
2017 Burns/?

This wouldn't make sense though... not even Saban when he recruited those 3RBs played them he RS 1

happy to have them all, but seems that Scarlett should be the one we build around, bringing others and from the Opening is a beast!!! Walton seems like OT 2.0.

I think best case scenario I get to watch Duke in a Canes uniform for two more years. Although that won't happen as Duke will go pro but a guy can wish can't he?

Advertisement
happy to have them all, but seems that Scarlett should be the one we build around, bringing others and from the Opening is a beast!!! Walton seems like OT 2.0.

Walton a Clements clone? I can see how you could think that but I see Walton as having much more potential than that. Someone made a comparison to Emmit Smith. While I try to stay away from that kind of thing, I can see it. Walton has a much more explosive burst than Clements.

Best case scenario. They all come, Duke stays and we turn into GT and run it 60-70 times. The QB makes 10-18 throws a game.

Oh yeah RBs get injured alot. We should start selling them on being fresh for the NFL. Look at the workhorse college RBs and see how many go on to have great careers. Save yourself and share the carries with your brothers and you all go to the NFLU fresh and tear it up. Next stop....Canton

Well yea that would be best But idk if ths best scenario would be Duke leaving.
J fully expect Gus to get completely passed up by Yearby, Scarlett, and Williams on thr depth chart. I would say Tucker too but hes playing fb ( which i think gus will move to to get pt).

Advertisement
J fully expect Gus to get completely passed up by Yearby, Scarlett, and Williams on thr depth chart. I would say Tucker too but hes playing fb ( which i think gus will move to to get pt).

Me too so where will Gus play FB or LB? He runs the ball like he is 174 lbs and gets knocked over very easily .yet to see him run somebody over.

Me too so where will Gus play FB or LB? He runs the ball like he is 174 lbs and gets knocked over very easily .yet to see him run somebody over.

Well i think once these 2015 hbs get to campus Yearby and Scarlett will Definetly be ahead of Gus. Williams will too if he sticks with us which is probably 50/50 . If Walton reclassifies he would be too ( i hope he srays 2016 though) and thats if Duke even leaves. IF Gus wants to play he'll transfer or swith to fullback and compete with tucker. I think tucker can always flip to lb though, right?

I think you will see Gus step his game up... with all these backs teams wont know how to plan for us... love it...

I think you will see Gus step his game up... with all these backs teams wont know how to plan for us... love it...

Stepping his game means running people over and i dont think he has it in it him. He thinks he can out run people and forgets he is 230. I think he should be moved to LB if he gets burried in the roster

Advertisement

Stepping his game means running people over and i dont think he has it in it him. He thinks he can out run people and forgets he is 230. I think he should be moved to LB if he gets burried in the roster

If you don't have the mentality to run someone over as a HB, you can't play LB. Tucker did play LB in high school though (pretty sure).

Pump your brakes on Duke leaving after the season. I remember posters having DP penciled in to leave for the league a year ago and the man decided to make a return for his final year. For what ever reason DP came back. When all fans thought because he had mouths to feed would be enough.

Maybe it was because he was told his draft stock would be higher after his senior campaign. Yet you still have to look at the risk involved in coming back one more year. DP has had his share of injuries as well as Duke.

Maybe putting this program on their backs and trying to leave it in better standings. Than what is was when they came in is what kept DP and may very well keep Duke for his final year.

Just think of the LB corp had DP left along with Figs and Blue.

IMO Duke is the heart of this team. He took that role during his recruitment and i would be shocked if he jumped ship early before the work is complete.

Also to OP. who really gives a **** if Duke staying made one of these recruits go elsewhere. We know what Duke offers to this team when he is on the field.

Last edited:
Pump your brakes on Duke leaving after the season. I remember posters having DP penciled in to leave for the league a year ago and the man decided to make a return for his final year. For what ever reason DP came back. When all fans thought because he had mouths to feed would be enough.

Maybe it was because he was told his draft stock would be higher after his senior campaign. Yet you still have to look at the risk involved in coming back one more year. DP has had his share of injuries as well as Duke.

Maybe putting this program on their backs and trying to leave it in better standings. Than what is was when they came in is what kept DP and may very well keep Duke for his final year.

Just think of the LB corp had DP left along with Figs and Blue.

IMO Duke is the heart of this team. He took that role during his recruitment and i would be shocked if he jumped ship early before the work is complete.

Also to OP. who really gives a **** if Duke staying made one of these recruits go elsewhere. We know what Duke offers to this team when he is on the field.

Duke is a Running Back, not a Linebacker. RBs don't last long, they have a limited amount of time to do their thing. And Duke leaving early is NOT in any way jumping ship. If he's confident he'll go in the first couple of rounds he should go. I really just want him to be succesful, even if it means leaving early.

Advertisement

If you don't have the mentality to run someone over as a HB, you can't play LB. Tucker did play LB in high school though (pretty sure).

Well he could be next to leave than unless he steps his game up big time before he gets burried in the depth chart.

duke stays...RBs are not worth what they once were..

Duke gets his degree stays...
at this point he is a 3rd or 4th rounder..not showing he can play a full season at this level no NFL team with pay HUGE bucks for a little guy in the NFL...

Advertisement
Back