Best Pods Out There

svenben

Freshman
A year back I downloaded a lot of Miami pods only to delete half. Still feel like there may be others Im missing.
- this sites is great
- Through the smoke I like
- Eye on the U - Susan Miller blabbering is god awful
- Cane Sport - no thanks
- OBB - cant listen to them over laugh at terrible jokes.
- Wide Right - kind of like but they put out like one pod a month in the summer
- 26 Degrees - a ton of blabbering and feels like half of them are in the middle of a living room with kids running around

Any good ones Im missing?

Advertisement
My go-to's are CanesInSight, Through the Smoke and Locked on Canes.

OBB is solid when they're talking Miami sports. The problem is they'll open with 15 minutes of pizza discussion, shift into football, then quickly break into a deep dive about how bad robert de niro's acting was in a certain movie, then back into football, then 10 minutes of Lawn Mower 2.0 ball shaving advertisements.

It's weird

Advertisement
Best quality content = CIS
Best combo of decent content + regularly published content = Through The Smoke
I've run out of things to listen to but still want some good coverage = Locked On Canes w/ Alex Donno

I listen to Through The Smoke the most because they've been putting out a good amount of content for a while but CIS pods have taken the biggest leaps so far this year in terms of content. Props to Pete and D$ for upping the amount of content they're putting out and for that content to be legit high quality stuff.

Through the Smoke suffers from putting out random cr*p just because they have to. And Gaby really needs to work on his podcasting skills. But I appreciate the effort they put into their podcasts.

OBB is just a brutal listen. The egos there are too much for me.

Not a Miami pod, but a College Football one that is probably my favorite podcast is the Yahoo College Football Enquirer

I find that they mostly do a good job covering the sport at a high level while diving into hot topics like NIL (providing updates on things like proposed congressional laws), Conference realignment, etc. They also do a good job of keeping it entertaining and love to make fun of the NCAA and coaches for their hypocrisy on so many issues.

OBB is just nonsense. Roman wasting his knowledge with those other 2 clowns.

Most I’ve wasted my time with because they’re all full of hot air and bring almost nothing new to the table.

Advertisement
My go-to's are CanesInSight, Through the Smoke and Locked on Canes.

OBB is solid when they're talking Miami sports. The problem is they'll open with 15 minutes of pizza discussion, shift into football, then quickly break into a deep dive about how bad robert de niro's acting was in a certain movie, then back into football, then 10 minutes of Lawn Mower 2.0 ball shaving advertisements.

It's weird
Oh course canesinsight too lol

I just stick to through the smoke, maybe OBB for about 15 minutes until they start talking about other random things. Big 3 roll up podcast I try every now and then but can't stand silk, but I do like they have AR on there now

Yep. I do enjoy TTS - they have a good setup with Lake and Gaby and Lake is pretty good.

CIS - it's gotten better and I enjoy it overall.

I like Locked On with Donno b/c he's a good guy.

I used to listen to OBB but I find it to become almost unbearable with all the non-sports stuff they talk about.

I know it's not popular but I really like Wide Right (Manny and Carlos). Good back and forth, good content and I enjoy it. They don't put out a lot of content, though.

Advertisement
Yep. I do enjoy TTS - they have a good setup with Lake and Gaby and Lake is pretty good.

CIS - it's gotten better and I enjoy it overall.

I like Locked On with Donno b/c he's a good guy.

I used to listen to OBB but I find it to become almost unbearable with all the non-sports stuff they talk about.

I know it's not popular but I really like Wide Right (Manny and Carlos). Good back and forth, good content and I enjoy it. They don't put out a lot of content, though.
One of the few that listens to the wide right postcast , and for OBB I turn it off when they finish talking about Miami lol

Even though two Noles are on the POD, Cover 3 is really thorough and they review everything

Also it’s a college football POD not just Miami

Can't do any of them. The medium is too much these days and everybody thinks they're a content creator.

Podcasting in 2023 is like glam rock in 1992; the marketplace is oversaturated with too much lower-tier talent and it's watered down the genre—to the point I'm not sifting through he pile to find the one or two good ones.

Listening to three guys yelling over each other for an hour and over-litigating a point that could've been made in a 1,000-word article I could reading four minutes.... not for me.

Podcasting is an art form and those who do it will crush it, but every clown with a microphone and set of cans now thinks they're a broadcaster and it's silly.

Advertisement
Miami Pods:
CIS - always must listen and legit content, content getting more frequent recently
Locked On - Catch them here and there, content isn't very deep, but 5/6 per week
OBB - Man I keep trying, but is usually unlistenable. Only listen while mowing the yard with nothing else on the playlist, weeklyish

CFB Pod:
Late Kick - Best coverage of the full sport regardless of medium. Canes have been covered more the last couple years. 3 per week

1694026756431.png

A year back I downloaded a lot of Miami pods only to delete half. Still feel like there may be others Im missing.
- this sites is great
- Cane Sport - no thanks
- 26 Degrees - a ton of blabbering and feels like half of them are in the middle of a living room with kids running around

- this sites is great
- Cane Sport - no thanks

1. Locked on Canes
2. Through The Smoke
3. Coach Hayes
4. Canes Insight with D.Money & Pete Ariz

Crain and Company is a good national podcast. During the offseason they veered briefly into the anti-woke lane, but they are very good when they keep it about football.

Advertisement
Back