Best place in DC to watch on Thursday?

rmcid

Sophomore
I'm stuck out of town and will miss seeing all the **** people at the Irish Pub. Anyone have a good recommendation for watching in Washington DC?

Advertisement
Ask Berry if you can watch it in the White House. He may even have a beer with you and fire up some chronic.

Alumni host watch parties here for games: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (639 Indiana Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004). Been once, but not for a game. Decent place.

Advertisement
Alumni host watch parties here for games: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (639 Indiana Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004). Been once, but not for a game. Decent place.

Was there for the GT game. They have the whole upstairs reserved for Canes watch party. Lots of TVs basically all on the game and basically all UM fans watching. Good stuff. Get there like 30 minutes before the game to get solid seating. If you're riding solo that should be easy.

Was there for the GT game. They have the whole upstairs reserved for Canes watch party. Lots of TVs basically all on the game and basically all UM fans watching. Good stuff. Get there like 30 minutes before the game to get solid seating. If you're riding solo that should be easy.

I've been there for every game this year and I really like it. The upstairs is nice, TVs every way you look all on the Miami game.

Advertisement
Is that near the Billy Goat Tavern? I seem to remember that Georgetown law school is around that address.

The original Billy Goat in Chicago is legendary.

Actually, I'm wrong. Georgetown law and the Billy Goat are on New Jersey Ave. Let's see, what's on Indiana...is that the Superior Court?

Never go downtown anymore.

The Washington DC hurricanes started the Hurricane Watch parties in the mid '80's at the late, great sports bar, Champions, in Georgetown. Now it's some ******* hangout, no longer Champions. Very sad turn of events.

Last edited:
Is that near the Billy Goat Tavern? I seem to remember that Georgetown law school is around that address.

Actually, I'm wrong. Georgetown law and the Billy Goat are on New Jersey Ave. Let's see, what's on Indiana...is that the Superior Court?

The Washington DC hurricanes started the Hurricane Watch parties in the mid '80's at the late, great sports bar, Champions, in Georgetown. Now it's some ******* hangout, no longer Champions. Very sad turn of events.

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern is (believe it or not) in Penn Quarter :cigar:

In all seriousness though, it is right next to Archives/Navy Memorial Metro stop and about 4 blocks south of the Verizon center.

Advertisement

In all seriousness though, it is right next to Archives/Navy Memorial Metro stop and about 4 blocks south of the Verizon center.

Yeah, I know the area. Knew it before they fixed it back up. That Archives metro stop was a mess. Bunch of homeless guys. Walking to the metro, some guy was taking a crap right outside the bushes. This was back in the '80's.

Used to have some good nudie places not too far from there. D.C. has changed, too many fancy office buildings, too few good strip joints. They're debasing our culture by replacing artistic venues with fancy, glass and steel, sterile office buildings.

Big deal, Penn Quarter. I used to work down there, near the Spy Museum. The whole area is irrelevant. Used to work in the building across from the FBI. Always wanted to hang a sign saying, "Where's Mulder?" Wanted to find out if the the folks over there had a sense of humor. D.C. downtown is (or was) getting NY filthy. I hate it down there. At night, I used to see rats running everywhere. You know the Subway right across from the Spy Museum, I used to go eat there. One day I walked past this incredibly large dump on the sidewalk. I didn't know if it was from a dog or a human. Probably from neither: from a bureaucrat.

Advertisement

I went there to watch the first round of the tourney with some Canes fans. It was just a bunch of groupies that talk to themselves. We left

I'll be decked out in Canes gear see y'all there!

Forgot to pack my Canes gear for this work trip, but do have my gameday orange tie and plan to put Golden's mustard on whatever I order. (Would say no homo, but I am a huge fan of our corch.)

Advertisement
Back