Best Part About This Year.

CAT5Coming

Redshirt Freshman
Is the timing of the very FIRST early signing period.

The fact that all of this coaching chaos is happening 3 weeks before the first early signing period is such great luck for us. We've been recruiting this class for 2 years, while our instate rivals will have three weeks to hire new coaches, target recruits, establish relationships, and try to make a pitch. Regardless if we are battling for the same recruits or not, the fact that they will not be prepared to sign a major class come 12/20 means they are falling waaaaaay behind all of the top programs. It's a horrible year to make a coaching change.

Not to mention we will be playing in the Playoffs and on National TV as this date rolls around.

Advertisement
Will definitely be a huge advantage for us. The only downside, which is not a concern as of today but could become one over the next couple weeks, is that short window may force some kids to feel the pressure and make impulsive decisions. Most likely the majority of our expected early signees will still ink, but we may see a few push back signing until February.

In this crazy coaching carousel situation we have (I can't remember having THIS many power 5 jobs availible at once), along with UF and FSU having unstable situations, I think presents an unprecedented oppurtunity for us.

We have coaching stability, we have a great location, and we will have the IPF finished by the end of next year. We've shown that Freshmen play here if they are good enough.

We have the turnover chain, the most talked about gimmick in college football right now.

We should be able to get who we want and then some.

Very interesting times....

In this crazy coaching carousel situation we have (I can't remember having THIS many power 5 jobs availible at once), along with UF and FSU having unstable situations, I think presents an unprecedented oppurtunity for us.

We have coaching stability, we have a great location, and we will have the IPF finished by the end of next year. We've shown that Freshmen play here if they are good enough.

We have the turnover chain, the most talked about gimmick in sports right now.

We should be able to get who we want and then some.

Very interesting times....

FIFY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back